Fake Grass

Minimum3

Hatchling Member
I recently came into a very large piece of fake grass that you can use for the outside. I had a brillant idea of cutting it in to 1x1 squares to help make it easier to clean up the dreaded beardie poo. However, I'm not freaking out because I've read so much stuff online. Their isn't a smell to it and I have washed it several times. Should it be safe to put in his enclosure? I mean, it should be even though it's supposed to be for outside use.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
I tried it once way way back, it unraveled where i cut it and my beardie tried to eat it. Use it with caution, if you use it

shmoomunchkin

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Scooby
I recently came into a very large piece of fake grass that you can use for the outside. I had a brillant idea of cutting it in to 1x1 squares to help make it easier to clean up the dreaded beardie poo. However, I'm not freaking out because I've read so much stuff online. Their isn't a smell to it and I have washed it several times. Should it be safe to put in his enclosure? I mean, it should be even though it's supposed to be for outside use.
I would worry about the preservatives with the heat you need to keep your beardie healthy, giving off fumes.

Plus, cleaning it with steam or F10, would be a nightmare!

Minimum3

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I tried it once way way back, it unraveled where i cut it and my beardie tried to eat it. Use it with caution, if you use it
I kind of had that problem with mine where I cut it, but once the edges were cleared it stopped falling apart. Even after the wash. I was worried about him trying to eat it, But I'm also going to put in some dandelions to grow inside his enclosure for "snacks." I'm hoping they will distract him from the grass.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mangobango4
Top Bottom