Eyeball bone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

loljelloclowdz

Juvie Member
BDCEE140-7822-4F24-BFF3-2D6ACBFDC435.jpeg
I was studying for my exam tomorrow about lepidosaurs and I noticed a tiny detail on one of the tuatara skulls I’m supposed to study. I noticed it had a ring-like bone where the eye belongs so I did some research and it turns out our little beardie buddies also have this bone along with birds and turtles. (It’s called a sclerotic ring.) My only question is if this bone is actually inside their eye or if it’s just around their eye? It’s not relevant to my exam as my professor said we didn’t go over it so there’s no reason to worry about it, I just really love skull anatomy because I’ve seen how skulls have changed from lampreys to lizards at this point in the semester and I find this new bone quite interesting.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is great you are learning, it's always terrific to find new things to research! I hope your test went well for you.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom