Eye question

natnat

Hello,

My beardie has been holding his left eye closed on and off recently. He will open it when something gets his attention but then closes it again. Otherwise the eye looks normal, and he's fine otherwise. I have a reptisun 10 uvb HO with a regular hosehold bulb basking light and no colored lights and no loose substrate so I don't think it's that. I've been rinsing his eye with sterile eye wash solution a few days but it hasn't helped. any suggestions?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hello,

My beardie has been holding his left eye closed on and off recently. He will open it when something gets his attention but then closes it again. Otherwise the eye looks normal, and he's fine otherwise. I have a reptisun 10 uvb HO with a regular hosehold bulb basking light and no colored lights and no loose substrate so I don't think it's that. I've been rinsing his eye with sterile eye wash solution a few days but it hasn't helped. any suggestions?
Can you post a pic of it please

natnat

Original Poster
Can you post a pic of it please
The one pic is with is eye open and the other is how he holds is closed, to me the eye looks normal hes just closing it occasionally and rubbing it.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-11-15 at 9.46.34 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2022-11-15 at 9.46.34 AM.jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 47
  • Screen Shot 2022-11-15 at 9.46.42 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2022-11-15 at 9.46.42 AM.jpg
    226.9 KB · Views: 47

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
There might be a tint speck of something causing irritation. For now you might get some sterile saline [ not contact lens solution ] and keep it room temp. before gently flushing the eye.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
I'm going to link a thread i posted a bit back, scroll down and watch the video. My male was keeping an eye closed all the time also. I had to use the camera on my phone to see the issue with the light, i absolutely could not see it with the naked eye. When i replaced it he stopped keeping that eye closed within a few days. It may not be related but its worth checking out.
ZooMed light fixture issues revisited | Enclosures | Bearded Dragon .org

natnat

Original Poster
There might be a tint speck of something causing irritation. For now you might get some sterile saline [ not contact lens solution ] and keep it room temp. before gently flushing the eye.
Ok that's what I've been doing I'll keep doing for a while and see if that helps. I suppose I could try some manuka honey as well.

natnat

Original Poster
I'm going to link a thread i posted a bit back, scroll down and watch the video. My male was keeping an eye closed all the time also. I had to use the camera on my phone to see the issue with the light, i absolutely could not see it with the naked eye. When i replaced it he stopped keeping that eye closed within a few days. It may not be related but its worth checking out.
ZooMed light fixture issues revisited | Enclosures | Bearded Dragon .org
Oh interesting. I'll try swtiching to arcadia bulb I have stored and see if that helps. He still is closing his eye when he's outside the cage so not sure it's the bulb but I'll try it out

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
My bad, I read your intro post too quickly and missed where you obviously said you already were using the saline. I was focusing more on the pics.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Oh interesting. I'll try swtiching to arcadia bulb I have stored and see if that helps. He still is closing his eye when he's outside the cage so not sure it's the bulb but I'll try it out
I dont think its the bulb if thats the case -- try the saline AHBD suggested

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom