Eye problem

Des

Hello everyone, I have a 3yr old beardie who won't eat. I have had him to the vet and was advised to force feed which I am still doing 4 weeks later. About a week ago I noticed some crust like stuff on his eye lid and am starting to worry about it, it hasn't gotten any worse so far but I was wondering if anyone has seen or knows what it might be. I was thinking of taking him to the vet again about this and also about him still not eatting but any input would be welcome.
Thanks in advance
Des
PS I know this is in the wrong place but I don't know how to move it to general discussions.

Attachments

• 20220610_193407.jpg
    20220610_193407.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 119
  • 20220611_153028.jpg
    20220611_153028.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hello everyone, I have a 3yr old beardie who won't eat. I have had him to the vet and was advised to force feed which I am still doing 4 weeks later. About a week ago I noticed some crust like stuff on his eye lid and am starting to worry about it, it hasn't gotten any worse so far but I was wondering if anyone has seen or knows what it might be. I was thinking of taking him to the vet again about this and also about him still not eatting but any input would be welcome.
Thanks in advance
Des
please go over the UVB your using coil or a long tube fixture and his basking bulb brand-- colored bulbs and coils and loose substrate can cause all kinds of eye issues --- you can try washing the eye out w/ some regular saline solution to start w/ - the UVB will cause him not to eat --- coils they will do that

Des

Original Poster
please go over the UVB your using coil or a long tube fixture and his basking bulb brand-- colored bulbs and coils and loose substrate can cause all kinds of eye issues --- you can try washing the eye out w/ some regular saline solution to start w/ - the UVB will cause him not to eat --- coils they will do that
Uvb is a riptsun t5 10.0 brand new in a sunblaster fixture, the basking bulb is a 40 watt prorep basking spot bulb. No coloured bulbs or coils although when I got him he had a coil uvb, I have only had him from christmas. At the minute I am using paper as a substrate. His viv is only 4 foot wide by 15 inches high and 15 inches deep although I have just finished building him a 4x2x2, just trying to get the temps sorted in that before I move him in. I have a 75w par 30 floodlight and a 80w deep hear projector along with an arcadia 12% for his new viv, also have a collection of other watt prorep spot bulbs, have a high range dimming thermostat on its way also.
I should add that he has been unwell from I got him( not eating ).

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Uvb is a riptsun t5 10.0 brand new in a sunblaster fixture, the basking bulb is a 40 watt prorep basking spot bulb. No coloured bulbs or coils although when I got him he had a coil uvb, I have only had him from christmas. At the minute I am using paper as a substrate. His viv is only 4 foot wide by 15 inches high and 15 inches deep although I have just finished building him a 4x2x2, just trying to get the temps sorted in that before I move him in. I have a 75w par 30 floodlight and a 80w deep hear projector along with an arcadia 12% for his new viv, also have a collection of other watt prorep spot bulbs, have a high range dimming thermostat on its way also.
I should add that he has been unwell from I got him( not eating ).
So you want the UVB 12-15 inches - I dont think that is causing the eye issue -- no colored bulbs good -- paper good for now-- the pro rep bulb is a bright white no off white and no yellowish -- if so that is all good- I would go w/ a Halogen bulb for basking deep heat projector good for winter time and the Arcadia 12% is real good -- your T 5 will go into the Zen -- its up to you to change them out both are real good and require to be in the tank w/ a distance of 12-15 inches directly above your basking decor -- as far as the eye I am going to have a couple of people take a look at it
@AHBD
@Drache613

Des

Original Poster
So you want the UVB 12-15 inches - I dont think that is causing the eye issue -- no colored bulbs good -- paper good for now-- the pro rep bulb is a bright white no off white and no yellowish -- if so that is all good- I would go w/ a Halogen bulb for basking deep heat projector good for winter time and the Arcadia 12% is real good -- your T 5 will go into the Zen -- its up to you to change them out both are real good and require to be in the tank w/ a distance of 12-15 inches directly above your basking decor -- as far as the eye I am going to have a couple of people take a look at it
@AHBD
@Drache613
Thank you so much, I will get that all sorted tomorrow after work. As for his eye, I will get that tomorrow also and try washing it to see if it helps any, if not I will book an appointment with the reptile vet, he's only there on occasions so hopefully it will be within a week. Again thank you for your help.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Thank you so much, I will get that all sorted tomorrow after work. As for his eye, I will get that tomorrow also and try washing it to see if it helps any, if not I will book an appointment with the reptile vet, he's only there on occasions so hopefully it will be within a week. Again thank you for your help.
Your welcome -- I am having two others look at it as well --- see what they think

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom