eye infection

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimmyk

Juvie Member
Has anyone had to deal with eye infections? My baby has one and I was wondering how hard they are to clear up. The vet said to use contact solution and it should do the trick. If not, she said I may have to get prescription antibiotics. That sounds expensive so I wondered if anyone had used the contact solution.

kimmyk

Juvie Member
Original Poster
The contact solution did the trick. Her eyes both look great and she's eating very well. Thanks for the resources :D

GeckoGarden

Sub-Adult Member
kimmyk":2diiuduh said:
The contact solution did the trick. Her eyes both look great and she's eating very well. Thanks for the resources :D

I'm glad shes feeling better, and doing better!

civicblend97

Hatchling Member
I have been having eye problems out of mine..I bought eye solution and her eyes seem to clear up for a couple of hours and they go right back to closing and matted up (looks like sleep in her eyes)....called the vet, suppose to take her tomorrow. She's been like this for at least 2 weeks, and now today she didn't eat at all.....

kimmyk

Juvie Member
Original Poster
:( Let me know what you find out. If it helps any, the vet told me to increase basking temp to 125*. She said it would give Elsie's immune system a boost so she could fight the infection.

GeckoGarden

Sub-Adult Member
kimmyk":6hqj4ufn said:
:( Let me know what you find out. If it helps any, the vet told me to increase basking temp to 125*. She said it would give Elsie's immune system a boost so she could fight the infection.

I'm going to bump this up for you because that sounds way to high... It makes me worry.. Then again I'm no expert.. Or Vet (Yet.)

civicblend97

Hatchling Member
I took her to the vet....the saline solotion was not working for her. He did give me the atibiotic that starts with a T....and her eyes are doing wonderful.

Jess

Extreme Poster
Baytril cleared up my first beardie's eye infection and abscess. Boosting temps can help, but 125*F sounds really high.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom