Eye Booger

Status
Not open for further replies.

xAnaBooo

Hatchling Member
Hey yall, my beardie has been scratching at her eye for about a week now and i thought i'd already picked some stuff off that was bothering her - an old shed scale, a small boogie. Yesterday she woke up and had a huge mass of goo/jelly in her eye, it's clear, not a weird color or foggy or anything besides a couple spots that look like dirt. i got some of it out and tried rinsing it a little but there is definitely still a lot in there. I hesitate to poke around because she was pushing my finger off. i've tried using my finger and a damp Q tip, definitely don't want to use tweezers or anything. Is there anything I can do on my own to help her get it out? Do you think a vet visit would be necessary? Or would it come out on it's own?
C39B87B3-0ED4-46C8-B14C-1BA04AB61E76.jpeg
B496F8AE-D97C-4AD0-8992-95DCA8D656D5.jpeg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That does look a bit irritated so I'm sure she is frustrated. Do you have any sterile saline water you
could flush her eye out with? You could also get some raw, unpasteurized honey, thin it out with some
warm water to make it into a little solution you can use as an eye drop.
It is very effective against infection & irritation. You shouldn't need a vet visit though, hopefully it will just start
to clear up on its own.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whokiry weth
Top Bottom