Eye and sleepy help needed pls asap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jupitertheking

Hatchling Member
I have two concerns here that I have been facing.
1. I went to holidays for 5 days and I gave my bearded dragon to my friend. When I got him back now he is so sleepy and he is always sleeping and I don’t really think he is brumating as I heard young ones don’t brumate and he is around 6 month old. He comes out for breakfast sometimes and he looks good and healthy but he is sleeping the rest of the day.

2. I was cleaning his tank and he came in the way and I accidentally sprayed the vining at water solution in his eyes I did immediately put him under the light so it dries then I gave him a bath as well but today he keeps closing that eye most times and idk why?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I have two concerns here that I have been facing.
1. I went to holidays for 5 days and I gave my bearded dragon to my friend. When I got him back now he is so sleepy and he is always sleeping and I don’t really think he is brumating as I heard young ones don’t brumate and he is around 6 month old. He comes out for breakfast sometimes and he looks good and healthy but he is sleeping the rest of the day.

2. I was cleaning his tank and he came in the way and I accidentally sprayed the vining at water solution in his eyes I did immediately put him under the light so it dries then I gave him a bath as well but today he keeps closing that eye most times and idk why?
The vinegar/ water probably stung his eye get some regular saline solution and rinse his eye out little at a time --that could be the cause for the eye issue the sleeping all the time for a 6 month old not so much -- what are you using for a basking bulb and what is the surface basking temps in the tank? They should be 95-100 for a juvie / adult and those temps should be taken w/ a digital probe thermometer -- next your UVB are you using a coil or a long tube fixture --- these things I am asking control the over all health and behavior of your dragon and are extremely important

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom