Extremely malnourished bearded dragon!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
TorTor":2x1u520h said:
Ah smart, thank you I didn’t know :) I was giving her a little scrambled egg because I thought she must be starving and it’s filling and good on vitamins and protein, read it was okay sometimes for them. I put her in a warm bath because I heard it helps them hydrate and she started drinking the water on her own, had her face in the water and everything. If I can find a picture I’ll show, it was very surprising. I’ll try some honey and water with a syringe to get her used to it and see if I can get her to take blended/Puréed veggies

Scrambled eggs - not a good idea , too much protein for her , will likely overwhelm her kidneys.

Is a fallacy that soaking a dragon in a bath will hydrate it....
> they do not absorb water through the skin ( arid zone dwellers - skin is impervious to moisture )
> they will not take water in by capillary action via their vent either - that's a nonsense myth .
Will only hydrate them if they actually drink while in the bath. Only way a dragon can get moisture on board is via it's mouth.

BE VERY CAREFUL administering water by mouth by syringe - can very easily cause the dragon to aspirate water into it's lungs ===> VERY BAD !
Best given in very moist IC food replacements in a slurry or a paste form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom