Extremely Aggressive Behavior AFTER pooping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikaylam08

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Atticus
Hello. I have a female bearded dragon 2 years old. Since day one she has been calm and comfortable. She is almost 23" in length and living in a 120-gallon terrarium. Nothing has changed recently in her terrarium, in my house, in myself, or in her food. She has been having some really weird poops. However, this last time she pooped, it looked completely normal with a normal urate as well. After she pooped I had to clean her off but I had to put a towel over her head to keep her from biting me (which she has NEVER done before). When I was done cleaning her up and her home, I put her back into her cage and she went completely flat, mouth all the way open, black beard, and literally jumped at the glass and ran into it trying to attack me. I have no idea what is wrong. I put a towel over the front of her cage to help calm her down and Im leaving her alone for the day. Is this normal? Please help!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It sounds like something may have startled her. If this is unusual behavior, I'd just leave her alone for a bit like you are doing and see if she calms down after a while.

Mikaylam08

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Atticus
It sounds like something may have startled her. If this is unusual behavior, I'd just leave her alone for a bit like you are doing and see if she calms down after a while.
Thank you! Yeah that is what I am going to do. If this behavior continues, should I contact my vet?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's certainly worth keeping an eye on. Extended periods of aggressive behavior may indicate an underlying issue that a vet may be able to help with. Especially since it's unusual. Sometimes they go through energetic phases and that's normal, but that doesn't usually come on quite so suddenly, which is why my guess is that she was spooked by something. If that's the case, I'd expect that her behavior will return to normal somewhat quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom