Exo terra 36x18x18

Status
Not open for further replies.

AcceptableGeek

Hatchling Member
Found one on local CL for 150. It's got screen to and it's the one that opens in front glass. Pickup or pass? Anyone using these got something to say about them?

I've heard some people say that the lock on the doors is a little delicate, so you'd have to be careful with that (maybe)

But it's definitely nice having something that opens from the front. It's a total pain in the butt having to take the top off my tank to get to anything, and my beardie doesn't like it when I reach down to him.

Jsw

Hatchling Member
I currently have one. The lock is a little fiddly, but it's no big deal. I love the front opening. I petsat for a dragon with a screen on top, and it was a pain. The front opening makes it so much more convenient to do spot cleaning, feeding, handling, etc. I did cover half the screen on the side and half the top with fabric because I could not get the temperatures hot enough and so much energy was being wasted out the top and side.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
A little late to this one as I've been traveling over the weekend. For $150 pick it up. It's a good tank. I paid almost $400 for a new one. I had the latch break on me at one point but a well placed screw fixed it for good (there's a thread floating around here about it but it's a couple of years old now).

AcceptableGeek

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks Cooper. I did pick it up that day. Seemed too good to let go. I'm getting it cleaned up for the new rescue we took in. Found some double aquarium stands on drsfostersandsmith for 40b tanks. Should work ok for the two baddies

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Ah perfect. How do they look? A bit more appropriate for a living room than the bakers racks?

AcceptableGeek

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
The stands are backordered. Not sure when back in stock. I'm still trying to figure out what to do. I'm afraid the stand or racks will not allow for much light adjustment I'm the bottom tank. Plus right now my girl is in a 75 and the new boy is in a 40. I kinda don't like the tanks being diff sizes

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That's a bummer. Is there enough space between racks for the fixtures at least? If you can't adjust the height but there is enough space for them between the racks you could use a manual or programmable dimmer to control the output of the basking lights.

AcceptableGeek

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
5NcVCbS.jpg

Went with a wire rack from home depot. Also got the casters on the bottom, super nice this thing can be rolled around. Plenty of space between shelves for light adjustment. Not final but it's a nice starting point.

New lights and bioactive coming soon

yIEaULg.jpg

This is the inspiration, but of course suited for bearded dragons lol

JessPets

Gray-bearded Member
AcceptableGeek":1v1qiulf said:
5NcVCbS.jpg

Went with a wire rack from home depot. Also got the casters on the bottom, super nice this thing can be rolled around. Plenty of space between shelves for light adjustment. Not final but it's a nice starting point.

New lights and bioactive coming soon

yIEaULg.jpg

This is the inspiration, but of course suited for bearded dragons lol

Cool!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That should do quite nicely. If you have an extra rack you could put it between the two tanks to allow a spot to run wires and you could suspend the lights from it.

AcceptableGeek

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
qCcWrZZ.jpg

Simple s hook on the heat light chord makes adjustmenrlts a breeze. I've got about 6- 8 inches of lamp distance to use if needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom