Exercise?

noella5088

Juvie Member
Original Poster
My boy loves to come out and run all around on me. He climbs up my chair, and stares at the wall. He will turn around, walk to the other side of the chair. Then turn around and walk to the other side of the chair. Sometimes, he'll climb to the chair's armrest and looks down. He also climbs up on my tray table. Whenever I pick him up to go outside, he wants to go straight into the bathroom and into the shower stall to run around there. Then he plants himself and looks right up at the shower head, waiting for his 'shower'. He does it every day. Sometimes, not every day.
I have a dog kennel that he can use and run around. He also climbs up the sides of the kennel. I tried to put a harness on him and he didn't like it. So, free roam it is in a safe dog kennel or the shower pan. He never loved baths. Now, all of a sudden, he wants a bath. I don't want him to get an RI or get sick. He sulks. I'm not going to give him a bath tomorrow or the next few days. I'll try some other exercises.
I could let him sit in the shower pan dry and see what he does. Chances are, he won't do what he does when the water's on.

What types of exercise do you do for your dragons?

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
I let Rocky run back and forth from the window, across my bed to another window.
Rocky runs around the floor- under the bed (it's empty) the to the other room.
There's a lot of beardie-proofing you have to do then vacuuming/sweeping. In addition, you have to keep an eye on him. It's a lot -
I do all this and he still runs off to another room. Now he wanders to stairs so I had to limit him to one room.

Honestly, at times I think glass surfing/running back and forth throwing tantrums should count as exercise!
The more they are out of the enclosure the more they don't want to go back-

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom