Exciting News....

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
I ordered the 120 gallon terrarium (upgrading from the 40 gallon) - I will post pictures for feedback. I am trying hard not to order to anything else but the reaching over is too much with the lighting especially since I take her out pretty frequently now. I don't reach over her head, there's enough room room for that but I don't want to damage the lighting for the back and forth. As you know, I also have to move it for the feeding-

Also, Rocky follows commands-
She understands, "Do you want out?" She looks up and scoots her body if she wants out, if she doesn't she ignores me.
When I want her to go for her food (veggies- of course she doesn't need nudging for bugs)- I say, "Go get it Rocky"-
As I type this, I am understanding why she begs like a dog...I treat her like one don't I?:LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::);)

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Lol sure sounds like it :unsure::unsure::)
You will absolutely love the front opening terrarium. I promise you'll never go back

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
Lol sure sounds like it :unsure::unsure::)
You will absolutely love the front opening terrarium. I promise you'll never go back
As a former dog parent....I guess I need some to go to reptile training school. I'm truly learning so much here daily.

Pancake151

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Cookie, Waffles
Lol, whenever I come up the stairs, my beardie, Cookie, will come running up to me if I am carrying a bowl. He is the king of the house, and when he demands food, he gets his food! I think we all treat them like doggos, they are the dogs of the reptile world!

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Lmao that is so true

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
Lol, whenever I come up the stairs, my beardie, Cookie, will come running up to me if I am carrying a bowl. He is the king of the house, and when he demands food, he gets his food! I think we all treat them like doggos, they are the dogs of the reptile world!
What a handsome beardie!!!

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
First time I saw mine scratch his head with his back leg was when I knew this statement to be true.
I haven't seen this besides to get something out of her eye...I stood back and said, "Well looka that" LOL Of course she needed help so here I come with a warm washcloth:unsure: But this moment is when some of my fear dissipated. If you let me scrub something out of my eye, you trust me and I trust you right:ROFLMAO:

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Yup :cool:
When they are shedding if you will hold still sometimes they will use you for a scratching post lol

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
Yup :cool:
When they are shedding if you will hold still sometimes they will use you for a scratching post lol
I would never!!! Rocky had a full day of shedding. It usually takes 1-2 days...she scratches all of it off. It's like she can't stand the process and rubs and rubs and rubs. She uses the sides of the material of her hammock.

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
Well, tomorrow is the big day---- the new enclosure comes. I feel like I am getting a new toy. Hopefully the shed will be done and she can feel the excitement too! I actually took her out last night and she didn't want to leave her carrier so I let her slept in it. This morning I carried upstairs, we both slept on the couch and I shook the cage because she didn't move...yup not a good move! For some reason, the room has gotten so humid at night and the AC cuts it but I stay up all night checking on her. So we both stayed in the living room-

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Humidity is why i moved out west.
I'll never move back to the East coast.
Here in Nevada its only like 5 to 10 percent most of the time.

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
Humidity is why i moved out west.
I'll never move back to the East coast.
Here in Nevada its only like 5 to 10 percent most of the time.
I am in the East Coast and tonight I tried to take her out before 6pm, her bedtime but I needed to run out. I just got home, it's 9:50 (yes I ran here) and do you know that she was waiting for me? She looked drunk she was so tired. Once she saw me, she passed out. I am so in love with my beardie, it is sickening. I picked up some cat toys but I don't want to show you because you may say no. Let me remove the feathers first LOL. I was also thinking that the glass is only in the front of her new home so what will I do about hanging all of her stuff...let me go look that up (it never stops!)

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
I finally saw this color is person today, OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG what a beauty!!!

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom