Every day is an adventure!

So in the world of Rocky updates....to date I have NEVER taken Rocky to my bathroom. I have a tub in which I bathe him in his room. Rocky will soon be 7 months and there is simply no reason for him to go in the bathroom. As Rocky is growing, I allow him windows of supervised roaming. The roaming is contained to 1 room-
Rocky goes to the window, stays there and now has 1 hiding spot (under the enclosure stand).
Rocky was also going through shed and his personality is changing (it's puberty in my book), appetite increasing and he has odd behavior going on. However, I've been impressed that he will get out of the window to go back to the enclosure to poop. I was so excited by this - the consideration with cleanup was admirable.
Fast forward 2 days later, we are in the room and I run to the next room. There's a bathroom around the corner from said room. I notice Rocky walking and I can hear his feet on the hardwood so I go to the next room and peek to see what he will do. I keep my eyes on the staircase to make sure Rocky doesn't go near them. The little footsteps get closer so I think, okay he's coming to see me- then the steps are further away. I wait a few moments to see if he's trying to find me while still keeping my eyes on the staircase.
As Rocky never comes for me, I return to the room to see Rocky by the door as if he just returned- hmmm something isn't right. I grab Rocky, look around- all is okay. The beard is coming so I KNOW HE DID SOMETHING.....I ask him. He didn't respond (we will get there, LOL) I put him in the enclosure and now we have a full black beard. He just confirmed for me that he did something! I take him back out and said, "Well, help me find it"- true story. I am looking all around...nothing. All safety precautions were taken but you never know right? I am rubbing his belly like, did you swallow something? - no sign of pain- the beard is lightening up so I'm thinking, hmmmm....

I check the room with Rocky in hand 3 times, nothing. I was in the other room so I knew he didn't go there- the other rooms have plants and Rocky HATES the plants so those rooms were out, well at least for now. I then went to look in the bathroom. This was odd because I'm thinking he doesn't know this room exists but what the heck. Next to the toilet, what do I find? See picture. I was so confused!!!!! I didn't think to close the bathroom floor because he never went in there. To enter the bathroom, you have to go up the hall and around the corner (as I type this, I am thinking he may have followed light because I get awesome light through that window). Anyway, when you enter my bathroom, you have to go around to get to the toilet, it's not by the door --- Rocky found it. The bathroom is clean but still a safety concern due the trash that he could've gotten into but wow- I couldn't believe it. I still held Rocky as I cleaned the mess and all was well. I then "told on him" yet rewarded him.
I just spoke about keeping and eye on our beardies and I thought keeping an ear was good enough but he had time to wiggle that out?! Ugh.

Attachments

• 20220825_112618.jpg
    20220825_112618.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 84

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Beardies are curious and will check out EVERYWHERE given the chance, your probably right thought if good light was showing he went to investigate.
Look at the bright side, it was on tile and not carpet lol :cool:

Pancake151

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Cookie, Waffles
So in the world of Rocky updates....to date I have NEVER taken Rocky to my bathroom. I have a tub in which I bathe him in his room. Rocky will soon be 7 months and there is simply no reason for him to go in the bathroom. As Rocky is growing, I allow him windows of supervised roaming. The roaming is contained to 1 room-
Rocky goes to the window, stays there and now has 1 hiding spot (under the enclosure stand).
Rocky was also going through shed and his personality is changing (it's puberty in my book), appetite increasing and he has odd behavior going on. However, I've been impressed that he will get out of the window to go back to the enclosure to poop. I was so excited by this - the consideration with cleanup was admirable.
Fast forward 2 days later, we are in the room and I run to the next room. There's a bathroom around the corner from said room. I notice Rocky walking and I can hear his feet on the hardwood so I go to the next room and peek to see what he will do. I keep my eyes on the staircase to make sure Rocky doesn't go near them. The little footsteps get closer so I think, okay he's coming to see me- then the steps are further away. I wait a few moments to see if he's trying to find me while still keeping my eyes on the staircase.
As Rocky never comes for me, I return to the room to see Rocky by the door as if he just returned- hmmm something isn't right. I grab Rocky, look around- all is okay. The beard is coming so I KNOW HE DID SOMETHING.....I ask him. He didn't respond (we will get there, LOL) I put him in the enclosure and now we have a full black beard. He just confirmed for me that he did something! I take him back out and said, "Well, help me find it"- true story. I am looking all around...nothing. All safety precautions were taken but you never know right? I am rubbing his belly like, did you swallow something? - no sign of pain- the beard is lightening up so I'm thinking, hmmmm....

I check the room with Rocky in hand 3 times, nothing. I was in the other room so I knew he didn't go there- the other rooms have plants and Rocky HATES the plants so those rooms were out, well at least for now. I then went to look in the bathroom. This was odd because I'm thinking he doesn't know this room exists but what the heck. Next to the toilet, what do I find? See picture. I was so confused!!!!! I didn't think to close the bathroom floor because he never went in there. To enter the bathroom, you have to go up the hall and around the corner (as I type this, I am thinking he may have followed light because I get awesome light through that window). Anyway, when you enter my bathroom, you have to go around to get to the toilet, it's not by the door --- Rocky found it. The bathroom is clean but still a safety concern due the trash that he could've gotten into but wow- I couldn't believe it. I still held Rocky as I cleaned the mess and all was well. I then "told on him" yet rewarded him.
I just spoke about keeping and eye on our beardies and I thought keeping an ear was good enough but he had time to wiggle that out?! Ugh.
At least he did it on the tile! My boys always make sure they go bathroom in the most inconvenient place ever!

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom