Estinien is having trouble

Chrismcnicholas

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hello,

Oh poor Estinien, that had to have been stressful.
Has his beard been normal color or did it turn a bit darker than it should have? They do have a
tendency to aspirate water in their baths sometimes if they put their head under water or drink too
much at one time.
For now, just watch for loss of appetite, clicking/popping or wheezing noises, etc. You can try placing
him on a slight decline to sleep overnight just in the case he did aspirate any fluids. If you can keep
his tank temperatures around 75-80F overnight, that can help to boost his system, too.
Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie
Thanks I will, his beard never changed color at all

Chrismcnicholas

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hello,

Ok, that is good to hear~ How is he doing today?

Tracie
He's doing ok, no signs of RI. His appetite depends on the day with crickets, but he will run for a super worm so I may try to get some dubias I just worry about what size I should get. He's still being pretty lazy, but chalking it up to slowdown and just keeping a close eye out for any issues.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is great he isn't showing any signs of a respiratory infection.
For dubias, size wise they need to be smaller than the space between his eyes, to avoid impaction
trouble.
You can feed some supers, they are fine. Just be sure to offer a few other insects too. As long as
his weight is stable, he should be good right now.

Tracie

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom