Estinien is having trouble

Chrismcnicholas

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Came home to check on him at lunch, found him like this and he has zero interest in crickets.
20230120_110732.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
O.K his behavior might be from a combination, feeling a little off from the med. treatment and what you described as the enclosure being overheated for a while. Offering a little Repashy food will be fine, try not to worry and keep him hydrated.

Chrismcnicholas

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
O.K his behavior might be from a combination, feeling a little off from the med. treatment and what you described as the enclosure being overheated for a while. Offering a little Repashy food will be fine, try not to worry and keep him hydrated.
Thank you! While I was off getting myself something for lunch he took a poop, pictures included. He is now on his basking area hanging out.

20230120_112606.jpg 20230120_112611.jpg 16742323449813071813411767306889.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
You can expect odd looking poos at times, especially if they were on meds. recently as Estinien was. It should change after a short while.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
He looks super relaxed, that is a great pic!

Chrismcnicholas

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Ok so the slight gape has not completely stopped. Got home from work and gave him some water and shortly after he is just sitting there like this. After a while he will shut it and then slightly open again.
20230120_152741.jpg
I'm also realizing I have a humidity issue, I got a new digital thermometer and hydrometer last night and it's reading only 10-15 while my old physical one read around 20-30 depending. How do I go about raising that and should I set a vet visit up to check for RI?

Last edited:

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Ok so the slight gape has not completely stopped. Got home from work and gave him some water and shortly after he is just sitting there like this. After a while he will shut it and then slightly open again.
View attachment 77148
I'm also realizing I have a humidity issue, I got a new digital thermometer and hydrometer last night and it's reading only 10-15 while my old physical one read around 20-30 depending. How do I go about raising that and should I set a vet visit up to check for RI?
You need a visit to the vet if hes got mucous / drainage coming out of his mouth and nose - hes crackling and popping when breathing or wheezing - normal gaping is good -- humidity try putting a bowl of water in the tank on the hot side see where it gets you or you can get a small humidifier and place by his tank --

Chrismcnicholas

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
You need a visit to the vet if hes got mucous / drainage coming out of his mouth and nose - hes crackling and popping when breathing or wheezing - normal gaping is good -- humidity try putting a bowl of water in the tank on the hot side see where it gets you or you can get a small humidifier and place by his tank --
Ok, not hearing crackling or popping and no mucous still. He's just not basking so I was worried about the slight gape as I thought they only did that while basking. I placed a water bowl in there already, but on the cool side so I will try moving it to the warm side and see if that helps. His basking area now reads 96 at the warmest spot, so at least that seems to be on track.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Ok, not hearing crackling or popping and no mucous still. He's just not basking so I was worried about the slight gape as I thought they only did that while basking. I placed a water bowl in there already, but on the cool side so I will try moving it to the warm side and see if that helps. His basking area now reads 96 at the warmest spot, so at least that seems to be on track.
Gaping is when they are adjusting their body temp so thats good - the 96 is good -- keep an eye on him and see if hes basking time picks up

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
They will gape when not basking also, they do it anytime they reach a happy temp to stay at the haaoy temp

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom