Erratic and black-bearding

Jessss

Hi,
I have a rescue named bee,she came to me in an awful condition missing her back feet/legs,very underweight and coughing from a uri.I’ve had her over a year now and she’s doing very well until recently,she has became extremely unsettled.Constantly glass surfing with a black beard and the occasional bobbing.She has been vets this morning and told that she can feel no eggs and her chest sounds clear and healthy.I have been given emeprid to give to her as she seems bloated and uncomfortable.She also got given an injection for inflammation as a precaution.She has been eating but doesn’t want any food today,I’m not sure what else to do with her and am very worried about her.She won’t settle down and is constantly running around her tank jumping off her logs and glass surfing.The vet also said her mouth looks fine and is a good colour.Any help would be very appreciated!
She’s in a 4ft by 2ft wooden viv with a habistat dimmer thermostat,100W heat lamp, her uvb is up to date and a t5 brand long uvb bulb that covers her tank placed on the inside.She has her multivitamins and calcium every other day.I have 3 other beardies housed separately out of view.any help would really be appreciated thank you! Also any experience with the meds she’s been prescribed called emeprid thank you in advance.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hi,
I have a rescue named bee,she came to me in an awful condition missing her back feet/legs,very underweight and coughing from a uri.I’ve had her over a year now and she’s doing very well until recently,she has became extremely unsettled.Constantly glass surfing with a black beard and the occasional bobbing.She has been vets this morning and told that she can feel no eggs and her chest sounds clear and healthy.I have been given emeprid to give to her as she seems bloated and uncomfortable.She also got given an injection for inflammation as a precaution.She has been eating but doesn’t want any food today,I’m not sure what else to do with her and am very worried about her.She won’t settle down and is constantly running around her tank jumping off her logs and glass surfing.The vet also said her mouth looks fine and is a good colour.Any help would be very appreciated!
She’s in a 4ft by 2ft wooden viv with a habistat dimmer thermostat,100W heat lamp, her uvb is up to date and a t5 brand long uvb bulb that covers her tank placed on the inside.She has her multivitamins and calcium every other day.I have 3 other beardies housed separately out of view.any help would really be appreciated thank you! Also any experience with the meds she’s been prescribed called emeprid thank you in advance.
So the UVB is inside the tank and is it covering the whole tank? This could be a issue - dragons need to be able to get out of the UVB rays if they want -- some will hide from it-- how far is the UVB from the basking decor? And the temps your getting are taken w/a digital probe thermometer? Lighting and temps will play a role in this behavior so we need to get this ruled out--- also are you sure its a female? Usually head bobbing is associated w/ a male - can you post a pic of Bee on a table w/ her tail in the air so we can see -- also the heat lamp is a solid bright white basking bulb - no off white please or yellowish bulbs and no colored bulbs --

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Your poor rescued dragon, I am so sorry she has had such a rough start to life! I am so glad you have
decided to take her in though. Do you have any pictures of her you can post?
Let us know how things are going with her.

Tracie

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zypted
Top Bottom