Entamoeba and metronidazole help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shue562

Hello
My beardie Prue had a loss of appetite and was hanging out on the cool side for a couple weeks so I took a fecal sample in and it turns out she has an entamoeba. The vet gave her metronidazole 50mg/ml , 0.6ml every other day for 10 doses. She doesn’t seem much better. She eats very few bugs ( maybe 1-2 a day) since she hasn’t been feeling well she’s refusing everything but silk and hornworms. She usually loves her greens and hasn’t voluntarily ate any in over a month. I’ve been giving her bene pac daily and occasionally dairy free yogurt along with slurrys with reptiboost and calcium pumpkin , butternut squash purée etc. she has diarrhea about every other poop. Low energy and over all seems tired. Now all this started when the weather started to cool so I don’t know if part of this is brumation…? She’s one and a half , this would be her second winter. Any tips or advice is greatly appreciated.
Thank you

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I can double check the doses for you if you need, I just need your dragon's weight.
It is possible she is heading into brumation since it is that time of year. You could try
some bee pollen or black strap molasses to help boost appetite.
How are her colors looking, is her beard normal color or darker?

Tracie

Shue562

Original Poster
Hi tracie
The vet said she 590 and gave a dose of 0.6ml every other day. She sometimes has a slight darking to her beard . The bottom scruff, Never fully black.over all her color is normal. I’ll order some pee pollen and molasses . Can I put those in her slurries ?

Thanks for the help

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Ok, the dose looks good then, it is within range.
How is she doing? Be sure to keep her hydrated as much as you can. You can mix some
of the bee pollen & a few drops of molasses in with the slurries, absolutely.
Keep us posted on her!

Tracie

Shue562

Original Poster
Hi

She ate three hornworms today , seems to be the only thing she likes right now. I ordered the pollen last night so I’ll start using that as soon as it arrives. Trying to keep her hydrated with the slurries 50/50 water pedilyte. She came out of her hide today. Seems about the same . Next couple days I’m gonna do herbal detox slurries plus reptiboost.

Thanks for the help. I’ll keep you posted.
111056-5122170891.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,
ioa12
Wow she looks stunning, great colors. That's great she ended up coming out of her little
cave for awhile.
Maybe the bee pollen will help out her appetite some. Definitely let us know how she is
doing!

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bugluvr3
Top Bottom