enrichment ideas?

rango101

So my beardies favorite form of enrichment is looking out the window but sometimes I have 12 hr work shifts so I can't let him out to explore as much as I'd like. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for cage enrichment for when I'm gone?

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
I have those rope things (sorry, I am drawing a blank on the name), fake leaves, hides, driftwoods and a hammock....Rocky enjoys the window like your beardies. In the smaller tank, Rocky loved the hammock (see profile picture- couldn't get him off of it) but has lost interest (in fairness, it's a new color). Every blue moon Rocky will try to climb the rope but the first two times I didn't secure it too well, but he didn't seem to mind.
OMG how did I forget, he has a swing too but that's simply for pouting!

So while I'm not too helpful, I too will follow this thread for ideas as well.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
If your beardie is an adult you could give it a dig box. Just watch at first to make sure it isn't trying to eat whatever media you use. You could also put on the long ambiance vidoes on youtube and leave it playing (i do this fairly often you can find some 8 to 12 hours long with random footage of landscape) If you have room you can put your habitat in front of a window they love to look out (make sure it isn't an East or West facing window the sun can drastically raise the temps in you habitat). You can add toys also although i have never seen mine interact with them. Hope this helps :)

affinenine

Beardie name(s)
Butternut
Seconding the dig box! Though I keep mine outside the tank and reserve time for Butternut to dig since she tends to kick sand e-v-e-r-y-w-h-e-r-e. I also leave on colorful cartoons on a tablet during the day. Tweety bird and baby sensory videos are favorites!

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
If your beardie is an adult you could give it a dig box. Just watch at first to make sure it isn't trying to eat whatever media you use. You could also put on the long ambiance vidoes on youtube and leave it playing (i do this fairly often you can find some 8 to 12 hours long with random footage of landscape) If you have room you can put your habitat in front of a window they love to look out (make sure it isn't an East or West facing window the sun can drastically raise the temps in you habitat). You can add toys also although i have never seen mine interact with them. Hope this helps :)
ahhhh if your beardie is an ADULT...hmmm see, I am always learning! Thanks for this information with regards to the digbox. This in part explains why Rocky used it as a toilet!

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Yeah mine did that also if i left it in their habitats full time.
My male has decided his greens are a toilet the last few days. I swear sometimes they do stuff just the thumb their noses at us lol.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom