End of tail fell off - not tail rot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello!
I need help. About a month ago, my beardie got his tail stuck on something and ripped off one of the scales. The end of his tail bent (where the scale ripped off), gained a scab, and then hardened there. I took him to the vet for a check up, then the vet gave me some ointment to put on it.
Two days ago, I gave him a bath and tried getting some of the scab/dried blood from the wound so it could keep healing. I've been putting the ointment on it to help, too.
Today, I just noticed, the injured part of his tail fell off. It was just the very tip end of his tail.
Is there anything I should be watching for now that it's fallen off? Should I take him back to the vet? I'm going to continue to watch it and put ointment on it, but he's my first beardie and I'm a very nervous owner.

Please let me know what you think!!!
Thank you!!

Hi there! I am also a new dragon owner, and that happened to my girl except I dont know how it happened to her tail. It was just the very tip of her tail. That happened almost 2 months ago and her tail is fine. As long as her tail doesnt start to darken further down and there isnt an infection, i think your little dragon should heal up nicely. Just be careful around the area that is injured. My girl would try to whip her tail when I got close to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chad03109
Top Bottom