Enclosure suggestions please

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogndragonmom

Photo Comp Winner
I just want to make sure his enclosure is set up correctly. He sometimes is on his higher basking rock, but spends most the time on his log in the middle. He is about 3 years old. His lights go on at 7am and off at 7pm, but sometimes he will put himself in his hide and to bed earlier. Some days he does not come out and just hangs out in in hide.

He is not eating as much greens as he was when we first rescued him in November, but he does eat some. He gets collards, spring mix, butternut squash, yellow squash and ocassionally green beans, peas and carrots. I tried adding the dried flowers and he definitely does not like those. His feeders are crickets, BSFL and superworms about 3 times a week. His salad is always available for him. I tried hiding the worms in his salads and he will get bites of a green here and there. He gets the calcium supplement powder each time he is fed his crickets. He also gets Benebac about twice a week to help with his loose stools. His vet check was in December and he is healthy and parasite free.

He is in a 4x2x2 Zen Habitat. 150w basking plus 75 basking. Reptisun t5 10.0 mounted inside. His hot side is about 100, ambient is 80ish and cool side in 70ish all measured with an infrared temp gun. All the bulbs were bought in November.

Attachments

• 20220207_134344.jpg
    20220207_134344.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 103

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Set up looks great and your dragon is beautiful and healthy looking , nice yellow color with normal scales. :) You might opt for a longer uvb bulb sometime in the future but it's fine the way it is as long as he basks under it enough. You can try some kale, turnip or mustard greens in his mixed salad as well.

mango_the_beardie

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Mango
Set up looks great and your dragon is beautiful and healthy looking , nice yellow color with normal scales. :) You might opt for a longer uvb bulb sometime in the future but it's fine the way it is as long as he basks under it enough. You can try some kale, turnip or mustard greens in his mixed salad as well.
NO KALE PLEASEEEE Kale is terrible for your beardie as it has tons of toxic things for your beardie in it and has no nutrition for your beardie that's probably the most common mistake people make with their bearded dragon that ends up killing them faster

mango_the_beardie

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Mango
I just want to make sure his enclosure is set up correctly. He sometimes is on his higher basking rock, but spends most the time on his log in the middle. He is about 3 years old. His lights go on at 7am and off at 7pm, but sometimes he will put himself in his hide and to bed earlier. Some days he does not come out and just hangs out in in hide.

He is not eating as much greens as he was when we first rescued him in November, but he does eat some. He gets collards, spring mix, butternut squash, yellow squash and ocassionally green beans, peas and carrots. I tried adding the dried flowers and he definitely does not like those. His feeders are crickets, BSFL and superworms about 3 times a week. His salad is always available for him. I tried hiding the worms in his salads and he will get bites of a green here and there. He gets the calcium supplement powder each time he is fed his crickets. He also gets Benebac about twice a week to help with his loose stools. His vet check was in December and he is healthy and parasite free.

He is in a 4x2x2 Zen Habitat. 150w basking plus 75 basking. Reptisun t5 10.0 mounted inside. His hot side is about 100, ambient is 80ish and cool side in 70ish all measured with an infrared temp gun. All the bulbs were bought in November.
I think your doing a FANTASTIC JOB! he looks very healthy and every thing is perfect the community is very proud of you! ^^

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
NO KALE PLEASEEEE Kale is terrible for your beardie as it has tons of toxic things for your beardie in it and has no nutrition for your beardie that's probably the most common mistake people make with their bearded dragon that ends up killing them faster
That's just a myth, they used to think it was high in oxalates [ which in very high amounts can prevent the absorption of calcium ] but kale does not contain any more than collards, mustard, turnip greens. There is not one documented or proven instance of beardies dying from eating kale. It's not at all a cause of any beardie's death.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom