Enclosure size and stand

RHaynes

I started with a 40 gallon tank when my beardie was small 1 1/2 years ago. He is now bigger and o want to get a larger enclosure. What size is good for a standard size bedroom? I am also needing a stand.

Attachments

• IMG_2195.jpeg
    IMG_2195.jpeg
    232.6 KB · Views: 81

Axil

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Beebz
120g (48"x24"x24") is what I have and what seems to be the standard recommendation.

I got my enclosure from Dubiaroaches, and I believe they also sell a stand though I built mine.

Zen Habitats makes nice looking enclosures that seem to have a good reputation here. They are a little bit more pricy but the wood finish does look really nice.

I'm not sure how that fits in your room, but I'm sure he'll appreciate whatever extra space you can give him.

I would avoid any enclosure without a front door. I used an aquarium in the past and not having access through the front was really inconvenient

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I started with a 40 gallon tank when my beardie was small 1 1/2 years ago. He is now bigger and o want to get a larger enclosure. What size is good for a standard size bedroom? I am also needing a stand.
A 75 gallon would work measure the length of the tank and you can look for a dresser / stand at a used furniture store- dressers work great as they have drawers for the dragons bulbs etc--- look at Zens habitats- symtonbsf and dubia roaches.com as well- you want floor space not height

RHaynes

Original Poster
120g (48"x24"x24") is what I have and what seems to be the standard recommendation.

I got my enclosure from Dubiaroaches, and I believe they also sell a stand though I built mine.

Zen Habitats makes nice looking enclosures that seem to have a good reputation here. They are a little bit more pricy but the wood finish does look really nice.

I'm not sure how that fits in your room, but I'm sure he'll appreciate whatever extra space you can give him.

I would avoid any enclosure without a front door. I used an aquarium in the past and not having access through the front was really inconvenient
What type of hide do you have? My guy tries to fit in his cave but he is too big now. What do you use for the flooring ?

Axil

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Beebz
What type of hide do you have? My guy tries to fit in his cave but he is too big now. What do you use for the flooring ?
I actually also need to pick up a larger hide. I have a couple I bought at an expo a long time ago that I like but the entrances are too small for Beebz now.

The Zen mat @KarrieRee mentioned looks very nice, I wanted one but it was out of stock when I was looking to get one.

I use a 18"x18x tile in the center and terrarium liner for the rest. The liner is only 18" deep so if you do get 120g you're better off with a 24" if you can find one, I couldn't at the time and had to cut a strip for the back.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I actually also need to pick up a larger hide. I have a couple I bought at an expo a long time ago that I like but the entrances are too small for Beebz now.

The Zen mat @KarrieRee mentioned looks very nice, I wanted one but it was out of stock when I was looking to get one.

I use a 18"x18x tile in the center and terrarium liner for the rest. The liner is only 18" deep so if you do get 120g you're better off with a 24" if you can find one, I couldn't at the time and had to cut a strip for the back.
Check pet Smart they carry them so does zen habitats- they are around $40-- you may or will probably haft to order on line

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom