Enclosure Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katie007

Sub-Adult Member
I picked up this enclosure off a listing on craigslist. Its a hand made, wooden enclosure that measures slightly bigger than a 20gal. I was thinking of using it for either a leopard gecko or turning it on its side for a crestie. I was trying to decide if it needs more ventilation. Currently, its only ventilation is from small gaps around the glass doors. Is this enough for a leopard? It probably isn't for cresite. I'd imagine the humidity would stay way too high.

Also, the inside just looks like its painted. What can I use to seal the inside and make it water proof?

The person I bought this from said it had been used to a leopard gecko, but I really don't trust anything the seller said. He was using a coil UVB light and no added heat. I was also wondering how a I could incorporate a heat pad into this enclosure if I decide to try and use it for a leopard. Could it go on the inside, then put tile or something on top of it? Would that burn the wood?

Here's the enclosure:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Wish I could help you, I have a golden gecko, but he's in a mesh tank & I have to spray it & him constantly for the humidity he needs. Maybe you shoud post this in enclosures, it doesn't matter if it's for a gecko, you'd get an answer. Good luck.

mommisgurl

Juvie Member
I agree..Isn't really too gecko friendly haha But if you go on geckoforum.com,their amazing there. I joined,and as soon as I posted,plenty of people responded. It's more geared towards leos and the like :)

chastityx

Sub-Adult Member
i don't see how you could put a heating pad in there for a leo without a glass bottom. & i also know a lot of different types of wood are bad for them. it's a nice looking tank though!

Katie007

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Well I was thinking about putting tile on the bottom and putting the heating pad on that, and then more tile on top. Im not sure what kind of wood it is though, but I was hoping there was a way I could seal it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom