Emergency please help!

LMeaux

Beardie name(s)
Mirri
This was sudden onset as of this morning. 10 month old bearded. Circling and loss of balance. Temperature and humidity fine. Has a uvb bulb less than 3 months old with no mesh between it and the enclosure. Everything was fine yesterday. She ate and pooped. I don’t know what to do!! I’m very scared and very upset. Can anyone help? There are no reptile vets near me

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.MOV
    9.1 MB

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Sometimes it can be caused by an ear infection, has she been in the water lately ? Or might she have hit her head on a hard surface ?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
This was sudden onset as of this morning. 10 month old bearded. Circling and loss of balance. Temperature and humidity fine. Has a uvb bulb less than 3 months old with no mesh between it and the enclosure. Everything was fine yesterday. She ate and pooped. I don’t know what to do!! I’m very scared and very upset. Can anyone help? There are no reptile vets near me
What are you using for a uvb? Coil or long tube fixture?

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear that 😞 loosing them is devastating 😢. My girl Chomp passed very unexpectedly i know what your going through.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
UPDATE: She passed away. I am devastated and I don't understand. This was so fast.
I am so sorry- dragons hide their illness for as long as they can - so I am gonna throw this out there it could of been lack of calcium absorption from what you were describing- uvb is crucial- the 10.0 has certain placement screens will block 30% of the rays- but that is a guess on cause- he could of been sick when you got mirri - 10 months old is pretty young- again I am so sorry and yes it's devastating and a shock as well ❤️‍🩹 my heart goes out to you

LMeaux

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Mirri
I am so sorry- dragons hide their illness for as long as they can - so I am gonna throw this out there it could of been lack of calcium absorption from what you were describing- uvb is crucial- the 10.0 has certain placement screens will block 30% of the rays- but that is a guess on cause- he could of been sick when you got mirri - 10 months old is pretty young- again I am so sorry and yes it's devastating and a shock as well ❤️‍🩹 my heart goes out to you
The uvb bulb is inside the enclosure no screen blocking it. She got calcium dust on her dubia or salad but only once a day.

Thank you for the kind words. I’m absolutely heartbroken

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am so sorry your girl passed so suddenly. :cry: The movement like that makes me wonder if
she had a stroke since you mentioned it came on so quickly.
I am sorry for your loss.

Tracie

LMeaux

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Mirri
Hello,

I am so sorry your girl passed so suddenly. :cry: The movement like that makes me wonder if
she had a stroke since you mentioned it came on so quickly.
I am sorry for your loss.

Tracie
I am leaning toward this as well. It so very sudden. Thank you for your kind thoughts.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

It is the worst feeling I know. When it's sudden like that, it is usually something to that extent.
We are all here for you if you need anything. She was well loved & that's what counts.

Tracie

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom