EMERGENCY PLEASE HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

plantkisser

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yes, I am so glad especially that it is not a brain injury. Losing cognitive function sounds scary and I feel much more equipped to deal with this. I will do his exercises in the bath and out of it, too. I decided today's dose of Metacam was his last, it just makes me so nervous. Thanks for your reply

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Yes, this is a much better scenario than a brain injury I agree! :D
This will be manageable for you & the exercises shouldn't be too bad either. Water therapy is extremely effective also. I hope he doesn't mind them, either.
The metacam is only designed for short term use.
Let us know how he progresses.

Tracie

plantkisser

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hello everybody! Some updates!

-Spyro ate some squash today, which is good as I have mostly been feeding him baby food.
-Responded well to exercises
-Seems more alert, turning his head, moving his eyes
-When I picked him up he moved his back legs onto me and swung his tail to catch his balance

Mostly all good news! One thing I have noticed though- his nostrils seem swollen shut?

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Sounds like he is getting more mobile, that's awesome. I found the water exercises to be very helpful when my female was having some difficulties years ago. Great that he ate some squash too.

I'm glad you're not gonna be giving him the Metacam anymore, seemed like he was having side effects from it.

His nostrils seem swollen? Think they're gonna shed? Can you post a picture?

plantkisser

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Huh, how strange. I just leaned close to him to take a picture and they are back to normal. Maybe something was irritating him, or maybe I am just getting paranoid... :oops:

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is great news Spyro had some squash today! :D
It sounds like he was a bit more active also & he swung his tail & moved his legs also?
Those are very good signs. I hope he is feeling better soon!
His nostrils are not going to shed are they?

Tracie

plantkisser

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hello! Yes, it was very good to seem him move like that. He also just ate some crickets for me a little while ago as well. He might be getting ready to shed, the front of his snout has that "dusty" look to it. I will keep my eye on it.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is great he ate a few crickets for you also! I hope he starts doing better real soon. :D
Hopefully the exercises & water therapy will help him out.
Bless him, so he is going to shed his face area?

Tracie

plantkisser

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hello! Yes, it is so nice to finally know for sure what the issue is, that makes it so much easier to deal with and help him. Much harder when you have no idea what you are treating. Wish I had gone to this vet in the first place. I do think he is going to shed his face, which is probably why his nose seemed "clogged". Thank you, Tracie!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is great he is going to shed his face then, hopefully his nose plugs wont take too long to come out. It can be very frustrating for them for those to shed out.
I hope his therapy goes well today. :D

Tracie

plantkisser

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hello all!! Serrapeptase just arrived in the mail, so he will get his first dose tomorrow morning. He has not been walking at all but his excercises have been going great, it seems like every day he gets a little stronger. He also left me a nice big smelly poo and since he wasn't laying right on top of it I can only assume he moved himself away from it! He has been eating a little better as well.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Great that the Serrapeptase arrived today, hope it really helps him out. Sounds like you're seeing some good improvements, so happy to hear that. :D

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Terrific! I hope that the serrapeptase works for him. It is such a safe alternative to other pain medications & can be used long term, too.
Hopefully the water exercises will him out. Be persistent with the exercises, too.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom