Eggs dry and wrinkled after being layed?

Hi, my bearded dragon just laid her 3rd clutch yesterday. As far as I can see, the eggs are fertile. But I have noticed that the eggs are a little dry and are kind of wrinkled. I have the vermiculite moist and the humidity in the incubator is good. Could it be lack of calcium? I'm trying to perfect this as I'm sure anyone would. Her first clutch only 5 out of 24 look good since the others died off. Her 2nd clutch looks pretty good. But her 3rd she laid yesterday seem off. I'm hoping they will make it. Is there anything I can do to soften and plump them back up? Thanks

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Did she bury them in a laybox and were you able to get them out soon after ? Post some pics of how you have them set up and some close enough to show them from above.

Beardienoobie

Original Poster
Did she bury them in a laybox and were you able to get them out soon after ? Post some pics of how you have them set up and some close enough to show them from above.
Yes. I always have her lay in lay box. And I took them out like 20 minutes after or less.

Beardienoobie

Original Poster
Those are them from how I have them set up and above.

Attachments

• 20220521_104442.jpg
    20220521_104442.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 153
  • 20220521_104535.jpg
    20220521_104535.jpg
    241.6 KB · Views: 180

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Those look good, the one that has a tiny bit of wrinkle may turn out O.K or may not but the majority of them look fine. If you make a divot with your finger to place each egg it gives them more contact with the damp substrate and can help them stay plump.

Beardienoobie

Original Poster
Ok. I have 3 of those containers. Half of the eggs are a little wrinkled. I just ordered more of the same vermiculite I've been using for the rest of the eggs. I think I need more substrate in the containers for more moisture. I had to try and even out what I had left. So when that comes in hopefully the eggs will plump back up. I appreciate your help. I'll put pictures up of what's left of the first clutch when they hatch. Today is day 60. Thanks again AHBD.

Beardienoobie

Original Poster
Gotcha. They to me look like a drying out balloon. Some are also looking dented a tiny bit as well. So I can only assume it has to with them not having enough vermiculite for the moisture.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom