Egg laying?

AmandaFaye

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Babycita
I kinda "inherited" Babycita from my daughter and I don't know the first thing about Bearded Dragons. We've been getting along for about a year and a half now, she and I are definitely bonded. That being said.... I didn't even know until recently she maybe should be laying eggs? She never has to date that I'm aware of. Babycita is about 2 1/2 years old, 24" tip to tip, and I believe in general good health. I just don't want anything to happen to her I could have prevented if I'd had the knowledge. My question is, is she supposed to be laying eggs? If so, any ideas why she hasn't?

Attachments

• IMG_20220215_164923134.jpg
    IMG_20220215_164923134.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20220215_165923729.jpg
    IMG_20220215_165923729.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 10

Sandy's World

Beardie name(s)
Sandy
I kinda "inherited" Babycita from my daughter and I don't know the first thing about Bearded Dragons. We've been getting along for about a year and a half now, she and I are definitely bonded. That being said.... I didn't even know until recently she maybe should be laying eggs? She never has to date that I'm aware of. Babycita is about 2 1/2 years old, 24" tip to tip, and I believe in general good health. I just don't want anything to happen to her I could have prevented if I'd had the knowledge. My question is, is she supposed to be laying eggs? If so, any ideas why she hasn't?
Some beardies never lay, and some lay more than others. Yes, 2yrs old is the general age that they start to become gravid (female bearded dragons lay eggs without mating) but each beardie is different and she could be just a little late. Watch out for symptoms of being gravid, such as glass surfing, digging around her tank, and an enlarged belly with visual lumps. I doubt you have her gender wrong, but to confirm it you can hold her tail up and shine a flashlight through at the base of her tail. A male will have two lumps/bulges on the sides of the base, while a female only has one lump/bulge in the center.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is correct, some females never lay eggs while others do. Genetics play a huge role in this but
also husbandry, too. She appears to be of good weight, & size. If you would like, we can review your
tank setup also, to be sure everything is correct. Does she have ample calcium intake on a regular
basis?

Tracie

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is my bearded dragons left side supposed to be hard, it’s right above its left leg in the back, it’s kind of hard? i feed it insects and greens. not sure if it’s normal or not? i can post pictures.
His first vet visit went well! Abelardo Texas looks good physically according to his new Dr.
Unfortunately, on the fecal it showed that he has Coccidia. Not a surprise honestly... he has been having diarrhea since I got him. I got Albon, F10, and a steam cleaner on hand.
I'm kinda freaked out, I heard coccidia is a beast to get rid of. Wish me luck! 😭
Sorry didn’t mean to post the last post was an accident, but I do have a question I have a 7 month old dragon, her name is Smaug and she will not eat her salad I have tried everything that I can, just wondering if anyone can help me because I’m stuck and I know that she should probably be eating them by now! If anyone can give me ideas that would be great!
-mia
Hello there I have Created a websites
Check and rate it Wearglam USA

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
katierose
Top Bottom