egg incubation confusion PLEASE HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

saqra

i havent been on here for a while but since t hen i deceded to "try" to breed my female beardy with a pet store's owner male, and as of nov 2nd sometime in the she lalid her eggs, woke up to her bearing them in seeds (i was told millet seeds is good for bedding met.). but the same day and today they are really really collasped. sucked in, and what not, :banghead: i have been reading and asking pple however i still can not tell if they are infertile or not. if they are fertile is there a chance even if they are sucked in that will will survive? i could use help here PLSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TY

john_ny217

Juvie Member
ok well your asking for incubation help but your not giving us any information on your setup. What type of incubator do you have, what are the temps and humidity levels, what are you using to put the eggs in, what substrate vermiculite? perlite?

lots of stuff you left out. once you give us that vital information we might be able to help you.

saqra

Original Poster
subrate - millit seeds, was told by pet store owner
temp - 86 - 90
home made styrophone incubater
eggs placed in plastic container, in homemade incubater and then lid closed

Stephies_Leo _Dragon

Juvie Member
You definitely need to dump the millet seeds, be careful not to turn the eggs, and get some perlite or vemiculite to put the eggs in. You can find it at Lowe's or Home Depot in the gardening dept. Then moisten it, put it in a container, make an indention with your finger and place the eggs in each indention. Then put the lid on the container and place in your incubator. Your eggs are probably dried out. You also need to keep your incubator at a constant temperature, most recomment between 84 and 86 degrees I believe. Anybody else feel free to correct me if I am wrong !

saqra

Original Poster
okay cool,
i was told by a pet store owner and some one else about the millit seed,
i was not so sure on millet anyways! :cry:

john_ny217

Juvie Member
yeah millet isnt very good. i would say perlite or vermiculite, either being ok. you say your incubator is home made, correct? how did you make it and are you sure it works properly? has it been used before or tested so you know that it works?

you want to keep humidity levels high in your incubator and temps around 84-86 like stated before. the reason your eggs are caved in is probably because the humidity levels are really low.

do you have a digital thermometer with a probe in there for most accurate temps?

are the eggs yellow and like a jello look to them cause my femals first clutch was like that and they werent fertile..and i have heard if they rot within a few days they werent fertile..just my opinion pce

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chad03109
Top Bottom