Egg in poop? (infertle)

Status
Not open for further replies.

moby666

Sorry I've been on here so often but eggs are new for me!

About 3 days ago Moby starting eating less, and I felt her belly and there were a few eggs I could feel! 2 days ago started the glass surfing, and yesterday I added a laybox to her tank. She's still glass surfing, I havent seen her dig but I figured she will if she needs. I should also mention this is her second clutch and the first with a laybox.

This morning, all was normal. She was basking, I left the room, and when I came back she had restarted her usual glass surfing and there was ONE egg with her poop. ONE. And then she went on like nothing!

Is this normal?? I'd think if she could lay one egg she would be ready to lay them all... I gave her a soak and she enjoyed it, when I put her back in straight back to glass surfing. lol!

Has anyone experienced this? Thanks! I have a pic if necessary. :blob8:

**EDIT**
I forgot to mention! The day after her first clutch in April she passes ONE egg with her poop. She was acting normal at this point (not glass surfing, eating again, the usual.)

moby666

Original Poster
UPDATE:

2 days later, still no eggs D: she ate some dubias last night but she wont touch her greens she'll eat one piece of collard if i hold it in front of her but after that nothing.

When should I worry about eggbinding? She's not lethargic, still glass surfing often and she's alert but i'm still a little worried.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, sometimes this happens and seems to be a mystery but keep an eye on her for lethargic behavior. If you at any time think she is in distress you would want to take her in for xray or ultrasound. Otherwise just give it some time. :)

moby666

Original Poster
Okay! Today I tried a bigger laybox OUTSIDE of the enclosure with some play sand instead of just topsoil and now she's digging! Her lights always go off at 8pm and its 5:30 now so if shes not done by then should i leave her in overnight? Last time she was done in about 2 hours but maybe this time will be faster since she has a laybox. I know its unlikely someone will see this before eight but just incase! lol

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, you can def. leave her in longer. None of my girls ever spent the night in the laybox but they sometimes took more night hours , like til 11:00 or so before they were done.

moby666

Original Poster
AHBD":2k9uiqvi said:
Hi there, you can def. leave her in longer. None of my girls ever spent the night in the laybox but they sometimes took more night hours , like til 11:00 or so before they were done.

Thank you so much! When she's done and its that late should I just let her sleep or should I bother her with a bath? She'll probably be pretty tired...

moby666

Original Poster
moby666":3fwpu2hk said:
AHBD":3fwpu2hk said:
No late bath, just let her warm up a bit + then lights out. Next day bath will be appreciated no doubt. :)

She's been digging for an hour now :( is this normal?
**EDIT**
I did a tiny peek and she's laying now! I will leave her be for a bit, all's good :)

moby666

Original Poster
If anyones still on, how will I know when she's done? From what i can see from tiny peeks (i dont want her to see me and be spooked) and also its dark in there, but i see about ~18ish and i think she mightve fallen asleep haha. But I dont know if shes just resting to push out the last couple. Her last clutch she layed 24 so I think shes done if not close. I just dont want to disturb her if she's not finished.

**EDIT**

Ok like 2 minutes after I posted this she climbed to the top of a sand mound and I put her under her heat! She seemed very appreciative. She layed ~26 and when I finished counting she was behind her off the basking rock and just seemed like she wanted to sleep, so i turned out the lights. thanks for all the help!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
O.K., sounds good ! Give her a warm bath tomorrow after she's been up a little while and she'll probably drink. She'll prob. be hungry, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom