Egg help!!!!

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
It's O.K if she gets dirty, they are reptiles and are made to get dirty sometimes. :) Your soil might be a bit too wet though. You can always add more sand, children's play sand added or else straight sand is also an option.

Opening her vent might be from wanting to lay eggs.
I put all the soil in it then misted it mixed it and I put her in and took something's out of her enclosure so I can offer at least one platform to bask she is tasting the soil and throwing it all around.

I notice when I leave the room my beardies sometimes don't bother running like crazy because they know I'll take them out if I'm in the room 😆. My one gripe is that I don't use substrate so neither of my dragons have grown up with sand and dirt besides mats and blankets.

This is her

Attachments

• IMG_20230509_170002.jpg
    IMG_20230509_170002.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 41

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Look at that pretty pumpkin, she's ready to have you pulling your hair out with her egg laying antics ! She is beautiful, nice orange and only a little smudge of dirt on her head.
And they don't have to ever have been on a loose substrate to instinctively dig. Put her in and close it for a few hours.

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Look at that pretty pumpkin, she's ready to have you pulling your hair out with her egg laying antics ! She is beautiful, nice orange and only a little smudge of dirt on her head.
And they don't have to ever have been on a loose substrate to instinctively dig. Put her in and close it for a few hours.
I did she is going hard in there right now sadly it isn't as deep as I would like it'll change when I get a 30G tote.

My worry was that I heard a lot of people saying their beardies had their laybox collapse in on them

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
A baby beardie hatches from packed dirt and claws it's way out on it's own in the wild. If a 7-8 inch tunnel collapses on an adult beardie it's not even a possibility of a problem. People write all sorts of drama and nonsense on the internet.

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
A baby beardie hatches from packed dirt and claws it's way out on it's own in the wild. If a 7-8 inch tunnel collapses on an adult beardie it's not even a possibility of a problem. People write all sorts of drama and nonsense on the internet.
That was short lived and I agree I think what they did perhaps use was "excavator clay" or a long that line it's made from Zilla I think.

Think they used it for brumation not eggs exactly

Attachments

• IMG_20230509_171940.jpg
    IMG_20230509_171940.jpg
    182.9 KB · Views: 44

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
She wouldn't have any problem in her laybox. Hopefully she'll lay soon if she is indeed gravid. :)
That's the weird thing she doesn't seem gravid she isn't lethargic she isn't sleeping a lot she just doesn't have a appetite. If she didn't have those 3 eggs I woulda never guess she was barring eggs.

Though she has had a bite here and there of food but her having a reduced appetite started maybe 2-3 days ago. The one odd thing is she has become extremely submissive and generally she is the aggressive one out of my 2 girls

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
They don't get lethargic at all when near to laying time unless they are eggbound and in distress. Her behavior IS more like a dragon ready to lay since she's restless and off her food.

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
They don't get lethargic at all when near to laying time unless they are eggbound and in distress. Her behavior IS more like a dragon ready to lay since she's restless and off her food.
I was under the impression lethargic was a overall behavior but being eggbound and lethargic makes more sense. I put her in her box 4 times today so I'll try again tomorrow and just let her roam outside her enclosure for a bit.

Tomorrow I'm gonna take her decor and hide out then slide the box all the way to the cool side then place her platforms under the basking light so she will have the option to be in the box or bask. I'm just hoping she has enough room and won't get stuck between her box and enclosure which is why I'm taking almost everything out so she has room

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
@AHBD looking good? She is currently in there I'm gonna leave her alone for awhile see if she lays any eggs I just wanna make sure she can come in and out

Attachments

• IMG_20230510_122359.jpg
    IMG_20230510_122359.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 44

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Looks good, did she get busy ?
She has been off and on but no eggs I posted in the beardie ER thread of a irritated hand from digging.

I decided after a few hrs it was best to let her rest so I removed the container and she is basking right now

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom