Egg help!! (Just laid pics inside)

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Hey guys I happened to leave my Amber in her laybox for the past 10 or so hours I came home to the opening of the box blocked (dirt was dug from one side to the other). I lifted the lid sightly and my Amber has multiple eggs laid but I'm unsure what to do she isn't scratching/digging. She seems to be tapping or knocking on the laybox what should I do now??? Do I leave her be and let her come out of the box herself? Do i Ieave the eggs take the eggs or what do I do with them?? They are not fertile I just don't wanna disturb her or stress her out anymore than she already is

Attachments

• IMG_20230513_163713.jpg
    IMG_20230513_163713.jpg
    173.3 KB · Views: 77

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
If she is acting like she wants out, you can get her out.

I'd count the eggs and make sure it was actually a decent amount. If she only laid a few, she likely has more to pass.

Otherwise, just toss the eggs.

-Brandon

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
I freeze them (infertile) before tossing

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
If she is acting like she wants out, you can get her out.

I'd count the eggs and make sure it was actually a decent amount. If she only laid a few, she likely has more to pass.

Otherwise, just toss the eggs.

-Brandon
She can come and go as she pleases she just hasn't come out yet since I last checked. I'll definitely count them when she comes out she seems to be tired since she isn't making any noise in her box. It at least looked like 3-5 just from a quick glance she stared at me soon as I lifted the lid to check on her.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
If there is only 3 to 5 she is going to have more in her. Even a first time layer should have over a dozen.

-Brandon

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
If there is only 3 to 5 she is going to have more in her. Even a first time layer should have over a dozen.

-Brandon
Hmm ok so I should leave her alone then? What about tonight? Do I leave her in her box and let her sleep in it or should I dispose of the eggs tonight and take her out before bed? She makes some noise every so often it seems like she will make noise for 10-15 mins then not make any noise then after a bit make some more noise.

She had 3 already not counting the eggs she just laid I curious on how I should prepare her lay box now. I was wondering if I need to throw the substrate out and put more in or just dump the eggs and leave the substrate. Sadly I don't have any extra substrate but I ordered reptisoil from Amazon so I can add more dirt for her laybox

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
You can just throw the eggs out tonight when it's time for her to sleep , no need to freeze infertile eggs . She may have laid more that are still covered so check the box very well. Good that she's getting those eggs laid ! :)

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
You can just throw the eggs out tonight when it's time for her to sleep , no need to freeze infertile eggs . She may have laid more that are still covered so check the box very well. Good that she's getting those eggs laid ! :)
I generally put my beardies in their hammocks (separately of course) for the night should she (Amber) be ok if I take her out of her box and put her in her hammock? I wasn't sure if disturbing her while she is digging and laying eggs would stress her out. Your right it is good I'm hoping she gets them all out she has lost around 5-10 grams since she started laying so I been feeding her as much as she wants to eat (generally 3-6 crickets)

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Let her stay until she's been real quiet for at least 1/2 hour, then peak in to see if she's wide awake or fallen asleep.

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Let her stay until she's been real quiet for at least 1/2 hour, then peak in to see if she's wide awake or fallen asleep.
Ok she has her little spurts of digging then she is quiet then digging again I'll have to just let her stay up late if she is still digging she is hard at work I haven't seen her out of her box since 8am

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom