Egg help asap

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolfhound

Original Poster
are these dead now i have had them in a homemade incubator while i wait for my proper one i did everything correctly imo the vermiculite was damp and the temp was correct its starting to get my down as this is the second clutch ive potentially lost

Attachments

• 20220111_174840.jpg
    20220111_174840.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 177
  • 20220111_174853.jpg
    20220111_174853.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 129
  • 20220111_174904.jpg
    20220111_174904.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 135

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, yes sadly most if not all are dead. The yellow ones were probably infertile but the white ones may be fertile but all of them shriveled from lack of moisture. Do you see how the few in the last container are not as bad as the others ? THOSE might survive, it's because you had them nestled in the vermiculite. That's how they all need to be set up, not in those containers without substrate. Add some water to the last batch, just a little bit and very carefully. If you dribble water on the egg accidentally, dab it off with a paper towel. Use an eyedropper to add water around the eggs. How long did these incubate so far ?

wolfhound

Original Poster
Hi there, yes sadly most if not all are dead. The yellow ones were probably infertile but the white ones may be fertile but all of them shriveled from lack of moisture. Do you see how the few in the last container are not as bad as the others ? THOSE might survive, it's because you had them nestled in the vermiculite. That's how they all need to be set up, not in those containers without substrate. Add some water to the last batch, just a little bit and very carefully. If you dribble water on the egg accidentally, dab it off with a paper towel. Use an eyedropper to add water around the eggs. How long did these incubate so far ?
it is the third day today my bearded dragon luna laid 26 eggs and i checked them last night and weve lost 16 so still have 10 left 5 i can still see the embryo but 5 im not to sure about yet i will put a bit of water in the container like u said and hopefully they plump back up ive got the potential 10 still in the homemade incubator atm it has moisture on the side of the box so it is humid enough but i have the small container lids just resting ever so slighty on top of em to let them absorb the moisture in the air im hoping they survive as this is lunas second clutch we lost the first because they wernt fertile but these looked so good then they just collapsed its really getting me down i jjst want a succesfull clutch 😪😪😪😪

wolfhound

Original Poster
it is the third day today my bearded dragon luna laid 26 eggs and i checked them last night and weve lost 16 so still have 10 left 5 i can still see the embryo but 5 im not to sure about yet i will put a bit of water in the container like u said and hopefully they plump back up ive got the potential 10 still in the homemade incubator atm it has moisture on the side of the box so it is humid enough but i have the small container lids just resting ever so slighty on top of em to let them absorb the moisture in the air im hoping they survive as this is lunas second clutch we lost the first because they wernt fertile but these looked so good then they just collapsed its really getting me down i just want a succesfull clutch 😪😪😪😪 this is what they look like atm the good eggs that is

Attachments

• 20220111_232141.jpg
    20220111_232141.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 114
  • 20220111_232149.jpg
    20220111_232149.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 107
  • 20220111_232420.jpg
    20220111_232420.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 112

wolfhound

Original Poster
this is the eggs today and ive added some water to the container on the left the square one just enough to touch my nail when i put my finger init so about half a cm of water it has im hoping they live but this is how i have the lids on the hatching tubs im using

Attachments

• 20220112_091653.jpg
    20220112_091653.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 102
  • 20220112_091706.jpg
    20220112_091706.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 110
  • 20220112_091720.jpg
    20220112_091720.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 118

Jupitertheking

Hatchling Member

Jupitertheking

Hatchling Member
are these dead now i have had them in a homemade incubator while i wait for my proper one i did everything correctly imo the vermiculite was damp and the temp was correct its starting to get my down as this is the second clutch ive potentially lost
For accurate and reliable findings, it is better to leave the eggs for about two weeks after laying before assessing it for fertility. To check whether your beardie eggs are dead or not, you need to candle them through a flashlight!

Take the eggs in a dark room and perform the candling process, as we have seen above. Upon passing the light, dead eggs do not exhibit veins nor a pinkish glow because there is no more blood flow.

Regular inspection is needed when the eggs are incubating. In the candling process, you may notice some eggs are yellow, pink or green, and they tend not to grow. Those eggs might be dead.

Another way to tell whether the egg is dead is through water waving tests? The test involves putting the beardie egg in cool water. If the egg is dead, then it does not waver.

But it is recommended to leave them to incubate to term as long as they are not moldy. You should test them out quickly as possible so if they are dead so you don’t have to waste money and u can cancel the thing you ordered! Hope they are ok your baby girl lost lots of energy and calcium for them 😞 😭

wolfhound

Original Poster
For accurate and reliable findings, it is better to leave the eggs for about two weeks after laying before assessing it for fertility. To check whether your beardie eggs are dead or not, you need to candle them through a flashlight!

Take the eggs in a dark room and perform the candling process, as we have seen above. Upon passing the light, dead eggs do not exhibit veins nor a pinkish glow because there is no more blood flow.

Regular inspection is needed when the eggs are incubating. In the candling process, you may notice some eggs are yellow, pink or green, and they tend not to grow. Those eggs might be dead.

Another way to tell whether the egg is dead is through water waving tests? The test involves putting the beardie egg in cool water. If the egg is dead, then it does not waver.

But it is recommended to leave them to incubate to term as long as they are not moldy. You should test them out quickly as possible so if they are dead so you don’t have to waste money and u can cancel the thing you ordered! Hope they are ok your baby girl lost lots of energy and calcium for them 😞 😭
yh i know about candleing them but the other 16 eggs were dead i still have 10 that look good though

wolfhound

Original Poster
It should be easy and the one you ordered is good and it would say and tell u everything in the box I’m pretty sure! You did buy a very expensive one !
ok so if im correct the two ways i can incubate them in the incubator is either by putting the eggs in some vermiculite that is damp or put them in the hatching tub thing with the egg holders with a little water in the bottom of it

Jupitertheking

Hatchling Member
ok so if im correct the two ways i can incubate them in the incubator is either by putting the eggs in some vermiculite that is damp or put them in the hatching tub thing with the egg holders with a little water in the bottom of it
To incubate bearded dragon eggs, you need to have an incubator and carefully place the eggs inside after they’ve been laid. Then, you need to make sure the temperature is at 80° – 85° degrees Fahrenheit (27° – 29° C), the humidity is at 75%, and wait 40-90 days. You could buy or make one. I am not sure about that one but i think the one you ordered is pretty good and you would have to just plug it in and turn it in and put the eggs in with the incubation box

Jupitertheking

Hatchling Member
To get the incubation box ready you need to Choose a sturdy, plastic container with a snug fitting lid (no holes). We like to use Stewart Hatchling Boxes because they are strong, ‘stackable’ and clear which enables us to check our eggs quickly at a glance. Add a good couple of inches of incubation substrate media, Lucky Reptile Hatchrite is already loaded with the perfect amount of moisture to maintain humidity in the box. Easy.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Wolfhound, I've hatched a lot of beardies. They need to be nestled down in the dampened substrate like vermiculite. The humidity in the incubator itself is not the key thing. Those plastic egg -tray things are not effective, you need containers, I put holes in my lids, with about 2" of damp vermiculite. Sort of like the consistency of cookie dough or if you were making a sand castle. Use your finger or thumb to make a little divot to set each egg in. I've had almost 100 % hatch rate . This is a plastic shoebox.

wolfhound

Original Poster
To get the incubation box ready you need to Choose a sturdy, plastic container with a snug fitting lid (no holes). We like to use Stewart Hatchling Boxes because they are strong, ‘stackable’ and clear which enables us to check our eggs quickly at a glance. Add a good couple of inches of incubation substrate media, Lucky Reptile Hatchrite is already loaded with the perfect amount of moisture to maintain humidity in the box. Easy.
ok thanks for the info i will have to invest in them hatching tubs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom