Egg help asap

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolfhound

Original Poster
are these dead now i have had them in a homemade incubator while i wait for my proper one i did everything correctly imo the vermiculite was damp and the temp was correct its starting to get my down as this is the second clutch ive potentially lost

Attachments

• 20220111_174840.jpg
    20220111_174840.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 177
  • 20220111_174853.jpg
    20220111_174853.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 129
  • 20220111_174904.jpg
    20220111_174904.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 135

wolfhound

Original Poster
To get the incubation box ready you need to Choose a sturdy, plastic container with a snug fitting lid (no holes). We like to use Stewart Hatchling Boxes because they are strong, ‘stackable’ and clear which enables us to check our eggs quickly at a glance. Add a good couple of inches of incubation substrate media, Lucky Reptile Hatchrite is already loaded with the perfect amount of moisture to maintain humidity in the box. Easy.
can u send me a link to get them tubs please and if i used that hatchrite all i wud need to do is put it in the tub put the eggs onit and then put them in the incubator wudnt i

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Plastic shoe box will be cheaper than a specialty container and does the same thing. You can get them at Walmwart or most Dollar stores. And having holes in the lid will help to keep the condensation from dripping on the eggs.

wolfhound

Original Poster
Plastic shoe box will be cheaper than a specialty container and does the same thing. You can get them at Walmwart or most Dollar stores. And having holes in the lid will help to keep the condensation from dripping on the eggs.
okie dokie so the holes in the lid and side of the container is a deffonate yes just gotta set up this incubator when it arrives and get it pre ready for lunas next clutch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom