Eating

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Is it normal for babies in a new home to not eat much.? When Toothless was a baby, he ate constantly. The little one eats *maybe* fifteen and neither will eat salad. The little one was 17g when I weighed him two days ago.

Scrappy ate literally 100 baby roaches yesterday. It was wild.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Is it normal for babies in a new home to not eat much.? When Toothless was a baby, he ate constantly. The little one eats *maybe* fifteen and neither will eat salad. The little one was 17g when I weighed him two days ago.

Scrappy ate literally 100 baby roaches yesterday. It was wild.
Hes going thru relocation stress --- did you get them some BSFL? thats gonna help lure them to the salad bowl -- you want them eating some salad their main diet is insects but you want them getting some salad even if its not a lot --- and rinse the greens before serving as well so they get moisture -- is Scrappy eating salads?

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Hes going thru relocation stress --- did you get them some BSFL? thats gonna help lure them to the salad bowl -- you want them eating some salad their main diet is insects but you want them getting some salad even if its not a lot --- and rinse the greens before serving as well so they get moisture -- is Scrappy eating salads?
They wouldn't eat it from the bowl, but if I offered it to Scrappy with tweezers, he'd eat it. He ate several pieces but the little one hasn't eaten any yet. He's not eating as much as Scrappy. The little one only ate maybe 10 or 15 roaches and ate a few crickets. I think he's afraid of the little bucket I put him in. They've both been super streaked up since we brought them home. We did order some BSFL, some small silkworms and small hornworms for them, too. They're little but you can tell they're malnourished.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
They wouldn't eat it from the bowl, but if I offered it to Scrappy with tweezers, he'd eat it. He ate several pieces but the little one hasn't eaten any yet. He's not eating as much as Scrappy. The little one only ate maybe 10 or 15 roaches and ate a few crickets. I think he's afraid of the little bucket I put him in. They've both been super streaked up since we brought them home. We did order some BSFL, some small silkworms and small hornworms for them, too. They're little but you can tell they're malnourished.
Hes eating so that is a good so I would offer off the tongs as well see if he will take it - all the worms you ordered and the BSFL should help and get their attention - feed the worms on top of the salads - first thing in the morning before the main insect - silk worms are a good staple feeder and they stick to everything- hornworms are a good hydrating worm they grow fast --

hdochow

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sir Henry of Scales
is scrappy what you decided to name the second one, or did you choose that instead for nubby?

it's amazing how much they eat once they start to get proper care. i remember sir henry doing that. 100+ bugs a couple times a day! he's more than made up for his beginning of life trauma and is a big chonky boy now.

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
is scrappy what you decided to name the second one, or did you choose that instead for nubby?

it's amazing how much they eat once they start to get proper care. i remember sir henry doing that. 100+ bugs a couple times a day! he's more than made up for his beginning of life trauma and is a big chonky boy now.
The one we were going to call nubby, we settled for Scrappy. We haven't decided on a name for this one pictured just yet. I kind of like Dreki, it's Icelandic for dragon but it sounds silly out loud.😅

Attachments

• 16795091916743432573233310689462.jpg
    16795091916743432573233310689462.jpg
    223.1 KB · Views: 41

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
I kindda of like it. Another i kindda like is the word she uses in game of thrones to make her dragons breath fire, Dracarys (yes i know I'm a nerd lmao)

hdochow

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sir Henry of Scales
you could always name the other scooby. they you'd have scooby doo and scrappy doo.

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
I kindda of like it. Another i kindda like is the word she uses in game of thrones to make her dragons breath fire, Dracarys (yes i know I'm a nerd lmao)
I kind of like Draycarys too. Game of thrones is greeeeaaattt

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom