Eating about 12-18 crickets a day

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got him about a week ago and have changed his viv a few times now. He has a 10.0 UVB, a basking bulb incandescent, the temperatures are correct, I got him a CHE besides his red night light now, and I have been giving him more crickets than he eats in his eating cage(5 gallon). He is pretty young I think about 2 months and about 5"-6", Very social and seems very happy. It is a little humid in the tank now (40) but that just happened yesterday (crazy weather in Texas) so I don't think that is it.
Could he still be adapting to the new habitat? I have changed things around most of the week.
Do you think he is the few beardie's that do not eat much?
Any advise would be good.

Thanks

wizbee

Juvie Member
They don't need the red light, they need total darkness at night. Temps down to 65 are ok at night. Maybe he is suffering from relocation stress? Given all the changes to his home that could be the answer.

fattonyisfat

Original Poster
Yea I got replaced the red bulb with the CHE. Maybe he needs to get some more sleep and get more use to the area. According to Petsmart he only feed him about 10 a day (this was with the a couple of other beardies, I think he himself ate 10). Do you think he is just use to that now?
Is there anything I can do to help him eat more?
Does anyone know what is up?

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello , im still figureing out this platform,
So violet laid eggs, weeks ago, she was doing very well , in the last 3 to 4 days her poop was more than runny . Haven't changed much in her diet , an appetite is very good. Should I be considering a parasites remedy as she does get bloated as soon as she starts to eat.
My baby beardie likes to sit in their water bowl. I'm curious on whether it would hurt them or not.
Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mar
Top Bottom