Early tail rot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently purchased my first bearded dragon a few days ago and I noticed that it had an injury on the tip of its tail which he had obtained at the shop I got him from (it appeared that the tip had been nicked off). In order to prevent infection, I have been very meticulous about keeping the hygiene standards extremely high but I have noticed that the very tip of the tail where the injury was appears somewhat shrunken but does not seem to be discoloured as I usually see in cases of tail rot though I may be wrong as he naturally has dark banding on the tail and may somewhat hide this. Besides this he seems to be very active and healthy and is feeding well and responding to his environment normally and does not appear lethargic. Could this be early tail rot? And if so what are my best options for treatment, I have commenced using a betadine soak.

IMG_1534.jpg

Last edited:

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I recently purchased my first bearded dragon a few days ago and I noticed that it had an injury on the tip of its tail which he had obtained at the shop I got him from (it appeared that the tip had been nicked off). In order to prevent infection, I have been very meticulous about keeping the hygiene standards extremely high but I have noticed that the very tip of the tail where the injury was appears somewhat shrunken but does not seem to be discoloured as I usually see in cases of tail rot though I may be wrong as he naturally has dark banding on the tail and may somewhat hide this. Besides this he seems to be very active and healthy and is feeding well and responding to his environment normally and does not appear lethargic. Could this be early tail rot? And if so what are my best options for treatment, I have commenced using a betadine soak.

View attachment 66912
I agree I dont see anything wrong either --- no black no nips no bites --

EthanCraft3

Original Poster
Thank you for the quick replies and I'm relieved to see that everything seems to be ok. I'll keep an eye on it and continue the betadine soak and I'll get some unpasteurized honey just to be on the safe side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom