Dusting schedule question

Status
Not open for further replies.

MeanCrayons

Original Poster
I have a ~3 month old. Ive been dusting every single dubia and small superworm with calcium. Every 2 days or so I dust a feeding’s worth with D3 calcium.

How can I also dust with a multivitamin if they are already calcium dusted? Should I dust them in both? Should I use my BSFL as a multivitamin duster since they don’t get dusted?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I have a ~3 month old. Ive been dusting every single dubia and small superworm with calcium. Every 2 days or so I dust a feeding’s worth with D3 calcium.

How can I also dust with a multivitamin if they are already calcium dusted? Should I dust them in both? Should I use my BSFL as a multivitamin duster since they don’t get dusted?
Dragons under a year should have calcium D3 5 x per week ONCE per feeding lightly coated vitamins w/ beta carotene 2 x per week ONCE per feeding lightly coated - when they turn a year old that supplement will change -

MeanCrayons

Original Poster
Dragons under a year should have calcium D3 5 x per week ONCE per feeding lightly coated vitamins w/ beta carotene 2 x per week ONCE per feeding lightly coated - when they turn a year old that supplement will change -
So never just regular calcium powder at his age? So dust an entire feedings worth 5x a week and 2x a week for multivitamin. What about other feedings? Are they just dustless and eaten as regular bugs? Could I dust them with bee pollen as a bonus?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
So never just regular calcium powder at his age? So dust an entire feedings worth 5x a week and 2x a week for multivitamin. What about other feedings? Are they just dustless and eaten as regular bugs? Could I dust them with bee pollen as a bonus?
Are you using a T 5 UVB? Normally at ages under a year recommended is the 5 X per week ONCE per feeding lightly coated w/ the D3 -- vitamins 2 X per week ONCE per feeding lightly coated this is if your feeding more than ONCE a day so if your feeding more that ONCE a day only coat the insects ONE time -- around a year old it goes to 1 X per week w/ the D3 and the rest of the week beings you should drop insects 2-3 times per week and that should be w/ regular calcium thats if your using a UVB T 5 if your using a T 8 then its going to be more times per week w/ the D3 but we try to encourage people to go to a T 5 bulb -- if you have a dragon that is a consistent eater of veggie and your feeding a variety of veggie the vitamins can be cut down to once in awhile they are going to get the nutrients out of the vegies - I have two naughty dragons that dont eat their veggies like they should so they are still getting insects dusted w/ the vitamins

MeanCrayons

Original Poster
Are you using a T 5 UVB? Normally at ages under a year recommended is the 5 X per week ONCE per feeding lightly coated w/ the D3 -- vitamins 2 X per week ONCE per feeding lightly coated this is if your feeding more than ONCE a day so if your feeding more that ONCE a day only coat the insects ONE time -- around a year old it goes to 1 X per week w/ the D3 and the rest of the week beings you should drop insects 2-3 times per week and that should be w/ regular calcium thats if your using a UVB T 5 if your using a T 8 then its going to be more times per week w/ the D3 but we try to encourage people to go to a T 5 bulb -- if you have a dragon that is a consistent eater of veggie and your feeding a variety of veggie the vitamins can be cut down to once in awhile they are going to get the nutrients out of the vegies - I have two naughty dragons that dont eat their veggies like they should so they are still getting insects dusted w/ the vitamins
Yes I have a 22” T5 10.0. So never just regular calcium? It will always be with D3? My guy doesn’t eat as many veggies as he should so I’ll do the multis like you suggested. Can I dust with bee pollen in between as well for extra nutrients etc?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Yes I have a 22” T5 10.0. So never just regular calcium? It will always be with D3? My guy doesn’t eat as many veggies as he should so I’ll do the multis like you suggested. Can I dust with bee pollen in between as well for extra nutrients etc?
You can try the bee pollen some will eat it some wont - the regular calcium w/ no phosphorus should be given after a year old 2-3 times per week and the D3 maybe once per week I dont think the D3 is as imperative w/ the T 5 your using tho - alternate the vitamins w/ the calciums your given then - it is so hard to say exactly what to give since dragons are so picky - I usually try and give insects once on the weekend so I can dust them w/ the vitamins -

MeanCrayons

Original Poster
You can try the bee pollen some will eat it some wont - the regular calcium w/ no phosphorus should be given after a year old 2-3 times per week and the D3 maybe once per week I dont think the D3 is as imperative w/ the T 5 your using tho - alternate the vitamins w/ the calciums your given then - it is so hard to say exactly what to give since dragons are so picky - I usually try and give insects once on the weekend so I can dust them w/ the vitamins -
Just double checking as I thought feeders except BSFL and silkworms needed dusting every time, but if its not a dusting feeding then the feeders can be given as-is?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Just double checking as I thought feeders except BSFL and silkworms needed dusting every time, but if its not a dusting feeding then the feeders can be given as-is?
When I was feeding silkworms I never dusted them and still dont along w/ the BSFL- if your strictly feeding the silkworms as a staple then I would dust them but mine were never fed strictly as a staple - extra feedings of the insects do not dust them more than once per day

MeanCrayons

Original Poster
When I was feeding silkworms I never dusted them and still dont along w/ the BSFL- if your strictly feeding the silkworms as a staple then I would dust them but mine were never fed strictly as a staple - extra feedings of the insects do not dust them more than once per day
Ok thank you. Well that will certainly make his multiple feedings a day a lot easier since I won't need to dust everything. Small victories!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zypted
Top Bottom