Dubias or crickets for 3 month Beardie

Reggie1

Beardie name(s)
Reggie
Hey Guys,

My beardie Reggie is 3 months and current diet consists of Crickets, Kale and cabbage.

I am after some advice as crickets are a pain in the backside and keep hiding amongst the decor and my beardie only chases them after they have been in the fridge for 5 minutes. I have done some research on Dubias and this seems like an easier option then crickets.

Would love to hear your advice and any other feeding advice you may have.

Thanks heaps! by the way im new here and i look forward to reading all the threads. :)

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hey Guys,

My beardie Reggie is 3 months and current diet consists of Crickets, Kale and cabbage.

I am after some advice as crickets are a pain in the backside and keep hiding amongst the decor and my beardie only chases them after they have been in the fridge for 5 minutes. I have done some research on Dubias and this seems like an easier option then crickets.

Would love to hear your advice and any other feeding advice you may have.

Thanks heaps! by the way im new here and i look forward to reading all the threads. :)
Dubias are a better feeder --- www.dubiaroaches.com - get yourself a 10 gallon aquarium and feed dubia food w/ dubia dew/ crystals - you can also feed them what you feed the dragon -- just do not feed both carrots too much Vit A - also go by the chart on their website for size - feed roaches no bigger than the space between the eyes --- here is a website for nutrition ignore the kale info its out dated Nutrition Content please NO more cabbage -- drop the crickets in the tank for him one - two at a time and let him eat them when he stops eating them pull what is in there out- crickets can bite your dragon and cause infection --

SkittlesK

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Kamo
Dubias are a better feeder --- www.dubiaroaches.com - get yourself a 10 gallon aquarium and feed dubia food w/ dubia dew/ crystals - you can also feed them what you feed the dragon -- just do not feed both carrots too much Vit A - also go by the chart on their website for size - feed roaches no bigger than the space between the eyes --- here is a website for nutrition ignore the kale info its out dated Nutrition Content please NO more cabbage -- drop the crickets in the tank for him one - two at a time and let him eat them when he stops eating them pull what is in there out- crickets can bite your dragon and cause infection --
I don't like crickets either.
Dubias are a good staple.

Reggie1

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Reggie
Thank you! I just done some research and I’m from Australia I can’t really get Dubias. We haven’t something called Woodies.

Schmonatan

Beardie name(s)
Leila

Reggie1, I can't help but to be surprised that people in Australia can't get something that Beardies need :) I'm not trying to be rude, just curious that such thing can happen. Recently saw a woman living in Thailand couldn't find some staple feeders around, I was shocked as well o_O

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Thank you! I just done some research and I’m from Australia I can’t really get Dubias. We haven’t something called Woodies.
I believe they can eat woodies - I have heard of people feeding them woodies

Reggie1

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Reggie

Reggie1, I can't help but to be surprised that people in Australia can't get something that Beardies need :) I'm not trying to be rude, just curious that such thing can happen. Recently saw a woman living in Thailand couldn't find some staple feeders around, I was shocked as well o_O

It sucks!

Schmonatan

Beardie name(s)
Leila
Reggie1, I'm sure you'll be able to find them. And by the way, the fact that dubias' promotion probably doesn't inform you - they hide as well. I feed my baby with live insects in a separate container, and dubias dig in the substrate! And obviously beardie can't find them after that. Imagine letting them out in the main enclosure O_O All in all they are very interesting creatures and dragons like them.

Reggie1

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Reggie
Reggie1, I'm sure you'll be able to find them. And by the way, the fact that dubias' promotion probably doesn't inform you - they hide as well. I feed my baby with live insects in a separate container, and dubias dig in the substrate! And obviously beardie can't find them after that. Imagine letting them out in the main enclosure O_O All in all they are very interesting creatures and dragons like them.
Absolutely not!!! I think I might stick with crickets after 5 minutes in the fridge hahaha

Mollie the dragon

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Mollie
I always give mine a variety, dubias and BSFL are great staples and i feed wax worms occ with breakfast or dinner and im telling you horn worms are like gummy worms to mine

Mollie the dragon

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Mollie
Absolutely not!!! I think I might stick with crickets after 5 minutes in the fridge hahaha
just with that make sure you get EVERY cricket out, the crickets will mess and bite your bearded dragon if there kept in there and you dont know, crickets arent very nice and dropping them in yur house is the worst thing youll do, i live forever to me and chirp, it drives me crazyyyy, but ive done dubias and BSFL and no more crickets in this house lol

SkittlesK

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Kamo
just with that make sure you get EVERY cricket out, the crickets will mess and bite your bearded dragon if there kept in there and you dont know, crickets arent very nice and dropping them in yur house is the worst thing youll do, i live forever to me and chirp, it drives me crazyyyy, but ive done dubias and BSFL and no more crickets in this house lol
Silkworms are also a good staple. Silkworms are also a great staple and a great feeder.

horn worms are like gummy worms to mine
Mine likes hornworms like gummies too.!

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom