Dubias and Die or Hibernate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashesc212

Sub-Adult Member
Hi all,

Today I was cleaning out my dubia containers and I separated some adult females to see how many I have. After about an hour, they looked like they were dying. The room probably wasn't the ideal temperature but I have since put them back in the heat. The containers have not fully heated up to the proper temperature yet but it has been a half hour. They are not dead but won't move and seem like they can't walk. Do they hibernate in the cold or will they just die? This is so stressful since I just put a post up to sell some dubias.

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
Ash, no they dont. They will stop moving in light and cold weather. Once they warm up or back in the dark they will move again! Good luck. :D

ashesc212

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
OK well that is good to know but a few of them still died when I cleaned the container last time. I sorted out some of the adult females to see how many I had and I might have stressed them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom