Dubia Roaches

ScooterRenee2022

Original Poster
I have a juvenile beardie I just got him a month ago and have been feeding him alternating mealmorms and crickets. i allow him to have his vegetables everyday. Believe it or not he is eating both. I keep an eye on him. But the weird thing is he still seems hungry. Recently I found out that dubia roaches were good for him but where I’m from it’s hard to find them. Recently I found a flukers vac pack of fresh dubia roaches but I’m afraid to feed them to him. Is it okay to feed him these and do I keep the rest of them in the refrigerator? Can someone please tell me what to do?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I have a juvenile beardie I just got him a month ago and have been feeding him alternating mealmorms and crickets. i allow him to have his vegetables everyday. Believe it or not he is eating both. I keep an eye on him. But the weird thing is he still seems hungry. Recently I found out that dubia roaches were good for him but where I’m from it’s hard to find them. Recently I found a flukers vac pack of fresh dubia roaches but I’m afraid to feed them to him. Is it okay to feed him these and do I keep the rest of them in the refrigerator? Can someone please tell me what to do?
You can order dubias from here www.dubiaroaches.com - they are a great site -- I get all my roaches from them --- I would set up a 10 gallon aquarium order around 200 of them feed them roach food / chow and dubia dew for water - you can also feed squash fruit shredded sweet potato carrots but feed either carrots to the dragon or roaches not both too much Vit A -- check out the site they have nice horn worms - I can also post other sites for insects and worms etc if you like

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Are there any instructions on how to store them ? BTW it's great that he's eating veggies !

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It is much more expensive to buy them that way compared to ordering online like Karrie mentioned. They would be a nice feeder to add in for variety for your dragon.

They are very easy to keep alive, so buying a few hundred

like Karrie mentioned and keeping them in their own little tank is what a lot of people do who don't want to breed their own.

As far as your actual question, I can't find anything online that states whether or not you need to refrigerate them. I'd imagine it wouldn't hurt if you don't mind roaches in the fridge :)

-Brandon

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk
Hi everyone, I have a question please. I have a thick branch I got from outside. It has been in freezing temperatures so I know that it is insect free. I took it off the ground and sat it up during a night we got down to 15 so the entire thing would freeze. Well tonight I put white vinegar all over it too cleanse it since it won't fit in my oven. Do I need to rinse with water tomorrow or is it fine left alone dried?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2butlerbeardies
Top Bottom