Dubia roaches for beardie

ivysul

Hatchling Member
Hi! So I buy my dubia roaches online off dubiaroaches.com and I’m just wondering bc I will pick them and feed them to my beardie, I think I see frass at the bottom of the container, would this affect feeding them to my beardie? And any suggestions? I just order them online every two weeks, I don’t have a roach colony at home

This is baby Ivy ! :) 5 month old

Attachments

• DB0B68E6-7F9B-4AE0-BE0E-1BD7FC0406CF.jpeg
    DB0B68E6-7F9B-4AE0-BE0E-1BD7FC0406CF.jpeg
    150.4 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_3345.MOV
    8.3 MB

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hi! So I buy my dubia roaches online off dubiaroaches.com and I’m just wondering bc I will pick them and feed them to my beardie, I think I see frass at the bottom of the container, would this affect feeding them to my beardie? And any suggestions? I just order them online every two weeks, I don’t have a roach colony at home

No I would set up a 10 gallon aquarium and feed them dubia food and dubia dew- then what your feeding the dragon - they like squash raw sweet potato fruits-

Beardie name(s)
Pumpkin(f), Spice(m)

As long as you aren't feeding the frass directly to your dragon it should be fine. I breed Dubia and there is always frass on the bottom of my set up for them. A tip I use is to separate the dubia into a separate container and shake them a bit, it knocks off any little stuff that they may have on them. Mainly just ease of mind stuff.

Beardie name(s)
Pumpkin(f), Spice(m)
Yes it is still safe, if you are able to shake out the frass and gut load in that container it'll be even better for your beardie. But overall the Dubia is a great choice and most Dunia breeders feed them a solid nutritional diet.

ivysul

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
As long as you aren't feeding the frass directly to your dragon it should be fine. I breed Dubia and there is always frass on the bottom of my set up for them. A tip I use is to separate the dubia into a separate container and shake them a bit, it knocks off any little stuff that they may have on them. Mainly just ease of mind stuff.
Thanks so much I’ll definitely do that! Wish I could breed dubia as well I’m sure it’s so much cheaper too

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
The prices are going up (at dubiaroaches and other places)- I swear it seemed like things changed over night. Dubiaroaches is not too bad but I wasn't ready...:sneaky:

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Dubias like a tight,warm, dark place. You can literally keep them in a tote the size of a shoe box. (I recommended something a little taller to prevent escapees) just stack in egg crate and shove it under the bed or in a closet, or where ever. I keep mine in one of the bigger cricket keepers.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom