Dubia Roaches Dying/Stressed

Status
Not open for further replies.

arijara

I dont know whats going on but my dubia roaches keep dying. I own like 15 and some keep randomly dying. I give them water crystals for water, I usually feed them oranges and some carrots (we also just bought them some potatoes), they have egg crates, I have a heat mat with a thermometer and I set it to go to 87 degrees, I have a cup of water with a lid with holes for humidity, I havent seen any ants and how do I check them for mites?, their container is clear but we glued some curtains around it so that its dark for them, I also have a window screen for a lid. I think they breed because I can see the egg sacks but the females keep dropping them, also we just got them about 3-4 weeks ago. please help idk whats going on thank you!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I would make sure you have enough egg crates set up so they aren't too crowded. I'd also probably remove the water and give them fresh veges to eat and provide hydration. Try some pumpkin or squash and see how that goes. My colony loves that. I usually give them some of the cuts from pumpkin carving and they eat it right up. Don't give more than they can eat in a day or two at a time though.

arijara

Original Poster
Ok I just put more egg crates, your right I dont think they had enough. I put a lottt of food in their container so Ill reduce it like u said. Ill also try new foods, thank you!

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
If you only have 15 you likely weren't overcrowding them.

Can you post a picture of your setup?

If you bought the dubias as adults, it's possible the seller sold you old adults. It's not uncommon for large dubia breeders to sell off their older breeders so that they can still make some money off of them.

-Brandon

NYBeardie

They're stressed. I had the same problem (dropping egg sacs) early on when trying to breed. Once I moved them to a darker bin with more space, they started thriving. What's the approximate size of your bin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom