Dubia roach growth rate

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrdavid

We just got a 2 month old beardie and he loves Dubia roaches. He’s going to go through our first order of 200 medium roaches fairly quickly. A lot of dealers don’t have stock above 200 or so roaches. To save money we would like to buy 1000-3000 roaches. Reptile Deli has 2500 XS/small Dubia roaches. Would it be a good idea to buy those and feed them until they get bigger? How log will it take them to grow to medium size (1/2”-3/4”)?

We’re in PA and would like to purchase from a dealer who is within a few states so they won’t spend a long time in transit. I’d appreciate any recommendations of other dealers in the northeast who sell in bulk. Thank you

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It will likely take near a month or two to get them to the size you want, at least. They really are kinda slow growers.

It's generally accepted that baby dubias will grow 1/8th an inch about every 3 weeks as long as they are fed a proper diet.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom