Dubia feeding

Bioactive

It’s not the first time I’ve fed my dragon dubia roaches but since I’ve recently moved I’ve been feeding her crickets because they were just more readily available at local pet stores and I’ve gotten used to feeding her them. My bearded dragon is 11 months old and I’m trying to switch her back to dubia roaches as her main bug (of course I give her treats too but I usually stick to one main bug that I buy periodically when I run out).

So how many dubias do you think she should eat a day? They are a bit varied in size but most the of them are 3/4 inch or 1inch in length.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
At 11 months you are approaching the time to start scaling bugs back.i would only feed once a day, and a bit later when she stops putting on size a few times a week (bugs,salads feed every day)

Lobretto

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Verstappen and Checo
I agree once a day as many she can eat in 10 to 15 minutes. No specific amount, some days she'll eat more some days less.

RangoRocky

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Rango Rocky Balboa
Mines is 11 mo and he gets veggies everyday but in terms of roaches I feed him bugs every other day. It was twice a week per the vet because he wasn’t eating greens. When I do feed him it’s between 10-15 as mentioned. Basically he gets no more 40-50 a week.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom