Dry cracked lips and black spot

Kmropars

Hi!

I'm pet sitting and their beardies has dry cracked lips. The front of his bottom lip is crusty, like too much shed has built up but I can't soak it off. On the inside of the lip is a blackish mark. He does have some saliva on either side of his mouth towards the back of his head Could this be mouth rot or am I worried about nothing?

Attachments

• 16740881824903245401748445576502.jpg
    16740881824903245401748445576502.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 95

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
This is the blackish spot inside the lip
What type of UVB are they using? Coil or a long tube fixture? He doesnt look in good health from the pic- UVB and surface basking temps are crucial to a dragons health -- what size tank is he in? They should have 2 digital probe thermometers in the tank for actual surface basking temps -- please get some raw unpasteurized honey and put on his lips - please NO crickets in the tank they will go straight to his mouth -- the honey is going to promote healing --

blue11

Sub-Adult Member
Oh man - that’s a really tough place to be in since you are just pet sitting and it’s not your dragon. I’m really sorry. Hopefully you can get back on here and see the questions Karrie asked regarding his set up - that’s the first place to start.

I feel bad for the little dragon and I feel bad for you b/c it’s not like you are in a owners position to deal with the work / to change things / to buy things / or to even know what dragons need (unless you have a beardie yourself)

How close are you to the owners (like to make any decisions or change anything) - or comfortable enough to talk to them about things that might help make thing better?

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom