droopy watery eye

khaleesiiiDee

Beardie name(s)
Feather
hello! my Feather is full grown and after I got her we figured out she had parasites. she is on oral medication, ponazuril, she's one week in out of four. a few days ago I noticed her eye was starting to get watery and a little goopy. today it was stuck shut this morning and is now very droopy. I'm wondering if I should see that vet again or if it's a cause of the parasites and will get better with the medication?

Attachments

• 1667313739562786820231746799014.jpg
    1667313739562786820231746799014.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 100

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
hello! my Feather is full grown and after I got her we figured out she had parasites. she is on oral medication, ponazuril, she's one week in out of four. a few days ago I noticed her eye was starting to get watery and a little goopy. today it was stuck shut this morning and is now very droopy. I'm wondering if I should see that vet again or if it's a cause of the parasites and will get better with the medication?
Parasites wont cause the droopy eye --- basking light and UVB and substrate --- go over all this and we can help --

khaleesiiiDee

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Feather
I have reptile carpet, 100W Arcadia basking bulb, Arcadia proT5 UVB. the temperatures have been running consistently 80 cold 90 warm and 100 basking. 68-72 at night.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I have reptile carpet, 100W Arcadia basking bulb, Arcadia proT5 UVB. the temperatures have been running consistently 80 cold 90 warm and 100 basking. 68-72 at night.
Are you getting surface basking temps w/ a digital probe thermometer ---- you have all good lighting the pro T 5 is where in the tank? on top of screen? the screen determines where the UVB needs to be placed and distanced --- so we can rule out the lighting for the droopy eye issue-- reptile carpet as well --- lets have some others look and see what they think
@AHBD
@Drache613

khaleesiiiDee

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Feather
yes I'm getting the readings with digital probe thermometers. UVB is on top of screen 10inches above basking spot.

khaleesiiiDee

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Feather
so with everything in the tank set up correctly. her eye doesn't look as doopy today however she's barely opening it so it's hard to tell and extremely runny/watery. I wouldn't say it looks any better. I'm wondering if I should try reptile eye drops or just schedule a vet visit?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
so with everything in the tank set up correctly. her eye doesn't look as doopy today however she's barely opening it so it's hard to tell and extremely runny/watery. I wouldn't say it looks any better. I'm wondering if I should try reptile eye drops or just schedule a vet visit?
Have you tried rinsing the eye w/ some regular saline solution? If you could post another pic of the eye I am going to flag the post to two people who may be able to help
@AHBD
@Drache613

khaleesiiiDee

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Feather
the first picture is all she was opening her eye up for hours. I just got the second one first time she opened it all the way today. looks like there's a mucus ball in there now.

Attachments

• 20221102_102700.jpg
    20221102_102700.jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 78
  • 20221102_103005.jpg
    20221102_103005.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 54

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
the first picture is all she was opening her eye up for hours. I just got the second one first time she opened it all the way today. looks like there's a mucus ball in there now.
Ok lets let AHBD and Tracie take a look - Tracie is the vet tech mod on here late at night--

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Poor little Feather, that looks uncomfortable for sure, it's not caused by the parasites. You may need some antibiotic drops from the vet, in the mean time you can try some unpasteurized honey [ like from a beekeeper or health store ] if you can find some. You water a little bit of honey with a few drops of warm water and use a dropper .

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom