Driving w/ my beardie, what should I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonTamer16

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Mushu
This is my first time driving with my beardie and we will be going through mountains where our ears will start popping. Will this be a problem for him or is it nothing to worry about? If it’s a problem what should I do because I don’t have a sitter so I need to take him with me. It’s about a 9 hour drive to where I’m going, though it’s not all through mountains and I will make stops along the way. He also won’t have his lights on in the car so should I still feed him or should he be okay for the trip? He’s almost a year old so he’s not eating as much anyways.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi, the drive should be no problem, of course a little stressful to be out of his element but he should be fine. Don't feed Mushu late the day before and def. no food the day of the trip. What are you putting him in for the ride ? I'd suggest a large shoebox , cardboard or plastic with newspaper folded on the bottom and lots of shredded newspaper or paper towel to soak up any poo if he has to " go". A small animal carrier is an option as well, with the same bedding.

DragonTamer16

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Mushu
Hi, the drive should be no problem, of course a little stressful to be out of his element but he should be fine. Don't feed Mushu late the day before and def. no food the day of the trip. What are you putting him in for the ride ? I'd suggest a large shoebox , cardboard or plastic with newspaper folded on the bottom and lots of shredded newspaper or paper towel to soak up any poo if he has to " go". A small animal carrier is an option as well, with the same bedding.
I was going to have him in his old tank (40gal) during the drive but if a tub with bedding would be better I’ll get one ready. I just didn’t want him accidentally knocking it over since sometimes he acts a lil wild lol. Thank you!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I agree, a nice small tub with a soft fleece blankie in it, or a small furry small animal carrier would be nice. They usually travel
pretty well so keep him as low stressed as possible. Be sure to keep him hydrated also, since the air can tend to dry them out
on trips.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom