Dragons getting dumped

Pancake151

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Cookie, Waffles
That’s just so sad, like I just hate to see this happen to all animals, scaled or not. It’s just such a massive problem, with inflation and prices rising for everything, like even over here in AU everything is getting so expensive, and I’ve had to forgo getting a new cave due to the inflation.

hdochow

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sir Henry of Scales
absolutely disgusting! makes me wanna throat punch people! those poor babies. i wouldn't abandon an animal any more than i would abandon my child. it is a responsibility i chose.

Pancake151

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Cookie, Waffles
absolutely disgusting! makes me wanna throat punch people! those poor babies. i wouldn't abandon an animal any more than i would abandon my child. it is a responsibility i chose.
I couldn’t ever abandon my babies, it is a responsibility for all pet owners to look after them and treat them well. The only reason I would sell on or adopt out my dragons is if there was monetary issues or I was unable to care for them, and even then it’s just such a hard decision to make.

Mollie the dragon

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Mollie
some people just dont have hearts, no one should ever let a pet get that far into neglect or hunger, if you cant pay for proper food and resources for any animal then find it a loving home rather than it sit there with nothing and continue to get worse, it breaks my heart to see such animals taken advantage of.

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
I live near the Snake Discovery store and they take in so many animals. They adopted out 546 last year. Those were the ones adopted as some are euthanized if needed and some have to kept for a long time for medical treatment. That is just one rescue/adopt place in my area. There are others who also take in tons of animals

People get animals impulsively, but the real problem is not rehoming the animal when you realize the mistake you made ASAP. Like I don't have a dog, if I got a dog on a whim it would be a major regret. Dogs are fun for 2 hours in a park then I'm done. I can admit it would be wrong for me to have a dog. There is a human problem with not asking for help or admitting they are in over their heads so they let an animal suffer - that is hard to get, why let your animal suffer so you don't admit you made a mistake? That part is beyond me... Or if you can't afford an animal, life happens, do what is best for them. You have to let them go.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
It's hard to read these stories. It makes me so mad. I'm not a people person to start with, I choose the people I associate with very carefully and generally avoid everyone else, I do not suffer stupid well. There should be serious consequences for people that do stuff like that. I have never been in a reptile store that wouldn't except surrenders. There is no excuse! That's why I come to this forum, the people here are generally caring and helpful and the best of us as a species. The people that rescue animals are all saints in my book. I encounter more good people here than anywhere else. I wish as a community there was more we could do. I kind of wish there was federal legislation on petstores requiring them to be trained and knowledgeable in any pet they sale, and that they were require to train everyone that buys an animal. The problem with that is though any time the government gets involved it never ends well.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is just so sad, I was afraid that this was going to become a problem because of the problems
with the economy & income. I really hope this is able to be remedied, somehow, but am not sure
how it will be anytime soon.

Tracie

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chad03109
Top Bottom