Dragon runs through poop while I'm at work

Status
Not open for further replies.
My little rescue has fully recovered from pinworms and now he has healthy poops very regularly around the same time everyday. The only problem is he poops around 11am while I'm at work. I have paper towels down but he gets post-poop zoomies and runs through the poop and gets it everywhere. (I know because I have a camera for checking on him). Is there anything I can do to prevent or lessen this? I normally don't get home until after 6pm so the poop is eeeeeeeverywhere. TIA!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That can be frustrating for sure. You might be able to change his schedule a bit over time, especially if you have some time to spend with him before work. I usually have the lights turn on about 30-45 min before I get up. That gives my guy a bit of a head start waking up and warming up. Then he gets time under the basking lamp in the kitchen to keep warming up while I prep breakfast and get ready. He stays there (within reason) until he poops (the vinyl floor is super easy to clean and sanitize compared to the tank). Over time he has gotten used to the routine and will usually know it's time to go and be pretty much on schedule. He doesn't go every day, and sometimes he goes later in the day, but it is a pretty reliable system after a while. Just takes some training.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom