Dragon only Poops in Bath?! HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

scar997

Hey guys! So for about two weeks my dragon has only been pooping in the bath. When this started she hadn't pooped for I think 2-3 days and I got worried, so I gave her a bath and she pooped. I thought it would be fine but for all the days after that she still wouldn't poop. So everyday I would give a bath and every day she would poop. She is active and still eats well but I am worried. ALSO there has been diarrhea and poorly digested food, however the poop has been looking better. Suggestions? Please?

INFO on my dragon:
- 5 months old
- eats twice a day (about 30 crickets each feeding & greens sprayed with water at night with her second feeding)
- basking area 95-110, and a cool spot

*also when I saw all the diarrhea I emptied the cricket bin I use and washed with hot water*

Thanks and hopefully you can help me out!

NBGwen

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Carl
I'm not sure about the looser stool, but a lot of Beardies will go in the bath. My Gonzo would go practically as soon as he hit the water. I'd clean it out and refill the bath for him. It's pretty normal. When I first got Evee she was really dehydrated and underweight and would have whole superworms come out...but that didn't last once I got her on a schedule, etc.

traildrifterphalanx

Sub-Adult Member
AS NBGwen said, this is pretty normal.

My oldest was basically raised on pooping in the bath... or in her basking spot :roll:
Bathtime for me right now is basically an 85% poop success rate between my two. Bathtime = instant poop.

As far as it being loose/diarrhea, it could simply be diet related - mostly due to the greens. You can try changing up the diet, offering different greens or fewer greens, changing your feeders, etc, but I wouldn't be too concerned. My youngest is just turning 5 months and would go in the sink and it would break apart/very loose due to introduction of collard greens and BSFL worms, high in moisture.

nathb1

Hatchling Member
Same here, think when Dixie was a baby she hated bath so pooped in it every time she hit the water not even two minutes in !
Took her about 2 month to really enjoy her bath ( she is a swimmer now).
But when I put her in the bath im 90% sure she will poop in it!
Gross but least you dont have to clean the tank....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnstorm07
Top Bottom