Dragon not eating an pooping like normal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shemar

I recently took my breadie on a road trip an she was fine down there but we came back i did my best to keep her warm comin home n she was fine she went to sleep when we got back but she hasnt eatin or pooped sense i recently got some new stuff for her tank but ion think that i think its brumation but i dont know for sure shes 8 months old what should i do

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I recently took my breadie on a road trip an she was fine down there but we came back i did my best to keep her warm comin home n she was fine she went to sleep when we got back but she hasnt eatin or pooped sense i recently got some new stuff for her tank but ion think that i think its brumation but i dont know for sure shes 8 months old what should i do
She could be going thru relocation stress w/ all the moving around -- they will do that causing lack of eating - the pooping thing is normal --the older they get the less they poop -- brumation for a 8 month old is not normal unless shes really big for her size like over 300 grams--- tell me what your using for a UVB coil or a tube and what are your basking temps and how are you getting them? NO stick ons please and NO coils for a UVB -- her temps getting really low may have sent her into a brumation type behavior but I would of thought she would of perked back up getting back home w/ correct temps -- but lets go over that and the UVB so we can figure this out w/ he behavior thing

Shemar

Original Poster
hi thank you for clearing some stuff up an shes 19 inches long n i havent weighted her n a long time i used to use a reptisun uvb before it broke now i use a 150 exo Terra dessert uvb n 2 basking lights n sometimes a heat admitter i dont have a temp gun or anything like that but her basking spot is not really close but is a good distance to where she gets alot of heat from it

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
hi thank you for clearing some stuff up an shes 19 inches long n i havent weighted her n a long time i used to use a reptisun uvb before it broke now i use a 150 exo Terra dessert uvb n 2 basking lights n sometimes a heat admitter i dont have a temp gun or anything like that but her basking spot is not really close but is a good distance to where she gets alot of heat from it
Please go back to the Reptisun tube UVB --- coils are NO good they do not emit enough UVB and have caused all kinds of health issues --- the lack of eating is also being caused by the coil --- they will not eat if they are not getting enough UVB they cannot absorb / synthesize the calcium they are ingesting --- please get it replaced ASAP-- I dont know what you have was it just the bulb that broke or the whole fixture? Please let me know and I can post some links for the fixtures for you -- there are several to chose from that are really good

Shemar

Original Poster
Hi n only the light broke but the double dome light i use is old should i replace everything just to be safe n please send me the link if u dont mind

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hi n only the light broke but the double dome light i use is old should i replace everything just to be safe n please send me the link if u dont mind
Your double dome is good for the basking light --- NO coils in there tho -- I am going to post some websites for you for 3 fixtures you decide on what you want to get all 3 are really good they are all going to have the same distance for the placement of the tank depending on the screen on your tank -- you will need to let me know on that so I can help you
24" fixture Zoo Med ReptiSun T5 HO Hood
this will come w/ a 5.0 bulb please get this one for a tank of 40 + gallon 22" Zoo Med ReptiSun 10.0 UVB T5 HO
24" Arcadia ProT5 12% UVB Bulb With Hood
or this one 2 ft fixture
you will need to replace the bulb in approx 1 yr I recommend a month prior to
please let me know when you get it

Shemar

Original Poster
Your double dome is good for the basking light --- NO coils in there tho -- I am going to post some websites for you for 3 fixtures you decide on what you want to get all 3 are really good they are all going to have the same distance for the placement of the tank depending on the screen on your tank -- you will need to let me know on that so I can help you
24" fixture Zoo Med ReptiSun T5 HO Hood
this will come w/ a 5.0 bulb please get this one for a tank of 40 + gallon 22" Zoo Med ReptiSun 10.0 UVB T5 HO
24" Arcadia ProT5 12% UVB Bulb With Hood
or this one 2 ft fixture
you will need to replace the bulb in approx 1 yr I recommend a month prior to
please let me know when you get it
Ok thank you also i have a 40 gallon tank n at the top it’s separated so i have 2 screens on top can i put the uvb light across that n it not melt or start a fire?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok thank you also i have a 40 gallon tank n at the top it’s separated so i have 2 screens on top can i put the uvb light across that n it not melt or start a fire?
What kind of screen? Fine mesh like a screen door or a wide holed type?

Shemar

Original Poster
ok let me know
Yea its like a screen door and these are the uvb n basking lights i uses senses she hasnt been eating also i make sure she atleast drinks some water whenever I get the chance to

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 72
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 74

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Yea its like a screen door and these are the uvb n basking lights i uses senses she hasnt been eating also i make sure she atleast drinks some water whenever I get the chance to
Shut the coil off and have you ordered the long tube fixture? The new UVB is going to need to go inside the tank since its like a screen door - I can post some stuff that works really good for hanging --- when you get the new UVB please let me know I will help you get it placed and correct distance for the tube fixture -- all the ones I posted are good fixtures --- shes not going to eat till the UVB is corrected -- she is not getting any UVB w/ that coil bulb they are NO good -- keep trying to feed her keep her hydrated most dragons get their hydration from the salads -- you can drop water on her nose see if she will lick it try w/ maybe a eye dropper see if that will work -- but please get that UVB ordered ASAP

Shemar

Original Poster
Yea i havent order the lights you send me but i can get the reptisun uvb lights n ima send you a picture of her enclosure just so you can see what im working with size wise this the uvb light i can get now with the money i have. You think my enclosure is big enough to fit it

Attachments

• 91E675F2-49E9-4965-BF1E-AA470211A9F1.jpg
    91E675F2-49E9-4965-BF1E-AA470211A9F1.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 71
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    225.7 KB · Views: 65

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Yea i havent order the lights you send me but i can get the reptisun uvb lights n ima send you a picture of her enclosure just so you can see what im working with size wise this the uvb light i can get now with the money i have. You think my enclosure is big enough to fit it
DO NOT order that coil!!!!!!!!!!! You want a long tube fixture -- please go to my earlier post I posted all the 3 fixtures for you that are good ones --- look at those and decide which one you want ----- what size is the tank ? Is it 18" tall ? and please get some digital probe thermometers ASAP---
they look like this Zoo Med Digital Thermometer
you want 2 of them

Shemar

Original Poster
DO NOT order that coil!!!!!!!!!!! You want a long tube fixture -- please go to my earlier post I posted all the 3 fixtures for you that are good ones --- look at those and decide which one you want ----- what size is the tank ? Is it 18" tall ? and please get some digital probe thermometers ASAP---
they look like this Zoo Med Digital Thermometer
you want 2 of them
Ok so her tank is 19.5Lx37.5x19.25 long

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bert_L
Top Bottom